* EnsembleDarkhorse: An unusual case of the main character getting this treatment. When the first three ''Gallery'' games were released, the updated versions of the games with Mario and friends were [[WolverinePublicity the main attraction]]. After ''VideoGame/SuperSmashBrosMelee'', though, the Classic versions with Mr. Game & Watch got a lot more popular.
* FridgeBrilliance: Flat Zoners later being revealed to [[VideoGame/SuperSmashBrosBrawl not have any sense of good or evil]] could be part of the reason why they're [[WhatAnIdiot so]] [[TooDumbToLive dang]] [[LethallyStupid careless]].
* GameBreaker: Restore Points in the 3DS Virtual Console releases of the first three ''Gallery'' games make getting five stars almost a non-issue. '''[[NintendoHard Almost]].'''
* ItsShortSoItSucks: For such an influential series, the fandom's pretty small, and this is usually the reason why, [[VindicatedByHistory especially by modern standards]].
* NightmareFuel: Getting a miss in ''Parachute'' results in the skydiver [[ThreateningShark getting eaten by shark]].
* NoProblemWithLicensedGames: ''Snoopy Tennis'' and ''Popeye'' were very popular in their day, so it's a shame that they likely won't see a rerelease even if ''Gallery 5'' ever comes along.
** Getting five stars on ''one'' game is hard enough, but unlocking a playable ''Zelda'' in the Gallery in ''4'' requires OneHundredPercentCompletion. That's 160 stars.
** Judge's Second Playmode (Classic Only) in ''3'' requires you to play with another person. [[LostForever Guess what you can't do in the Virtual Console re-release? They even dummied out the option with no way to get those stars.]]
** The twenty stars in Game B of both versions of ''Boxing'' and ''Donkey Kong 3'' in ''4'' were multiplayer-only and [[OneGameForThePriceOfTwo required a second Game Boy Advance]].
*** Thankfully on that one you only have to load the game 5 times each in the 2P mode to get the 5 stars, and the second GBA did not require a cartridge.
* UncannyValley: That unchanging blank stare of the character in ''Vermin'' and, to a slightly lesser extent, ''Flagman'', ''Ball'' and the two in ''Judge''.
* WhatAnIdiot: Just about everyone in Superflat World that you don't control is either TooDumbToLive, like in ''Manhole'', or [[LethallyStupid Too Dumb For ANYONE ELSE to Live]], like in ''Helmet''. Of course, [[RuleOfFun if you didn't have to keep them alive or stay alive around them, there'd be no game]].