* BrokenBase: Her final match with WWE. Gail Kim was in a Diva's Battle Royale, and she decided to eliminate herself and walk out the match. She later stated that she did this to see if anyone in the back actually cared. Fans were divided over whether this was a well deserved TakeThat at management or if Gail Kim was being unprofessional.
** See CreatorsPet below for details on her TNA pushes.
* CreatorsPet: In TNA during her second run. She immediately came back and won the Knockouts Tag Team titles within three weeks (with no storyline behind it). Two weeks later she held the Knockouts Championship again, cutting short the reign of Velvet Sky who had been built up to be TNA's next big face (her reign lasted five weeks and she was missing from two weeks of TV). Even after losing the title, she was rarely beaten cleanly when TNA usually has no problem getting tenured Knockouts to put others over. She continued to dominate storylines to the degree where a program for the title was relegated to a ''subplot'' - so Gail's feud with the referee could take centre stage.
** TropesAreNotBad: It helps that she's quite possibly the best female wrestler TNA's ever had; this allows for more leeway in some fans' eyes, not to mention is probably the reason TNA feels so comfortable going to the well with her as often as they do. Case and point—that feud with the referee? Gave us two of the most intense Knockouts matches of all time.
* HilariousInHindsight: In one early 2003 match, Coach used an interestingly worded sentence "Gail Kim has yet to taste defeat here in WWE". Funny considering she would eventually name her finisher "Eat Defeat".
** During a throwaway segment in which Daniel Bryan danced with all the face Divas. He was dancing with one of the Bella Twins and then moved on to dancing with Gail. Accidental Foreshadowing perhaps...
* [[HoYay Les Yay]]: With Madison Rayne though it kind of came out of nowhere.
* NeverLiveItDown: That infamous match with Gail Kim and Wrestling/MickieJames where Gail botched the finish (to be fair, she had been legitimately knocked for a loop after a bump). It's rumored that was the reason WWE never really pushed her again.
* StrangledByTheRedString: A non-romantic example. When she returned to TNA, she and Madison Rayne were suddenly best friends complete with LesYay tendencies. The two had no history and Madison hadn't even been in the company the last time Gail was. Granted, this was likely due to Karen Jarrett's influence more than anything else, but still…
* VillainSue: See CreatorsPet above for the details. Exemplified by having her acquire a bodyguard in Lei'D Tapa. Yet she doesn't seem to need her since she wins all her open challenges rather easily.