* BrokenBase: Lilith asking her boyfriend Sandril to leave her alone for a while sparked some heated debate. On one side, people say Lilith is trying to comprehend a nigh-indecipherable book to help them [[BrokenBridge out of the town]], and thus needs time to concentrate. On the other side, people say that the way she asked came off as [[MomentKiller rude]] and not showing her affection to Sandril, considering they have been a couple for quite a long time now.
* FoeYay / HoYay: Ilias and Sandril (who are both in love with Lili) have a bit of this. When they fight, the loser has to kneel down on one knee and kiss the winner's hand. It's pretty much exactly as homoerotic as it sounds.
-->'''Vernon:''' ''Oh-ho!'' Have you two finally confessed your love for each other? If Lili only knew!!
* FanPreferredCouple: Many fans started shipping the thief Viviana and Ilias due to the fact that she keeps conning him, much to his chagrin. It only intensified after their dynamic set into a friendly one and she suggested [[UndercoverAsLovers pretending to be his fiancee]]. [[spoiler:It is [[http://www.sandraandwoo.com/gaia/2015/12/01/breaking-all-barriers-126/ official]] [[OfficialCouple now]]]]
* MarySue: Lilith. The male characters go out of their way to describe her as a goddess, the prettiest, nicest, or smartest girl, and at the comic's beginning, they are almost invariably in love with her. Additionally, she is an extremely prodigious mage pivotal to the comic's events (the last part is important, as that is precisely ''why'' she was arrested for what happened at the school). Her [[spoiler:escape from prison]] attempts to make up for this by nerfing her some. She almost exclusively uses shield magic and suffered many issues [[spoiler:with her escape, resulting in multiple moments where she would've been cut down if not for outside help. She also overexerted herself with her own spells and, again, only escaped because there was outside help.]] Whether or not this makes up for it is in the air.
** She has also failed seeing through spells several times, once almost resulting in the [[http://www.sandraandwoo.com/gaia/2015/07/07/breaking-all-barriers-085 death of a major cast member.]]
* MoneyDearBoy: In order to get more exposure for the comic, Novil [[http://www.sandraandwoo.com/2015/11/11/paid-positions-open-webcomic-reviewer-promoter/ offered to pay]] anyone who could improve the comic's Tvtropes page as well as mentioning the comic under associated trope pages.