* AwesomeMusic: The opening action sequence where the Joes battle Cobra for the UsefulNotes/StatueOfLiberty set against a hard hitting redux of the show's theme. For some it's practically JustHereForGodzilla.
* CompleteMonster: [[BigBad Golobulus]], the ruler of the ancient serpent civilization Cobra-La and the GreaterScopeVillain for both Cobra Commander and Serpentor, is the most evil villain in the [[WesternAnimation/GIJoeARealAmericanHero original G.I. Joe animated series]]. Once the ruler of Earth, Golobulus and his subjects were forced underground 40,000 years ago due to the Ice Age, and when, centuries later, Golobulus planned to resurface and rule once more, he was outraged when he saw that humanity had become the dominant species. [[MasterRace Refusing to share the Earth with anything even close in intelligence to himself]], Golobulus installed one of his servants into a terrorist organization as its leader, this servant rechristening himself Cobra Commander and making countless attempts to wipe out or dominate human civilization in the name of Golobulus. [[YouHaveFailedMe Growing annoyed with Commander when he constantly fails]], Golobulus [[BalefulPolymorph painfully transforms him into an actual cobra]], then reveals that he plans to drop spores onto the Earth to agonizingly turn all of mankind into monstrous beasts with animal intelligence so as to pave the way for Golobulus to rule once more. When the G.I. Joes show up to stop him, Golobulus puts his sadistic personality on full display as he proclaims his plans to [[ToThePain bathe his hands in their blood and make sure the last noise they hear is the sound of their own vertebrae snapping one by one]]. Despite appearing in a series known for its rather cheesy, ineffectual villains, [[KnightOfCerebus Golobulus was a surprisingly dark and cruel villain]], with his genocidal plans surpassing anything attempted thus far in the series.
* MemeticMutation: [[BrokenRecord "I was oonnnncccee a mannnnnnnn..."]]
** To a lesser extent: COBRA, RETREAT! RETREAT!
** Everything new character Big Lob says and does.
* NarmCharm: The musical intro where the Joes take out Cobra on Liberty Island from blowing up the Statue of Liberty where the over-the-top action, the ridiculousness of Cobra's attack, and the cheesiness of the song ("Crashing through the sky! Comes the fearful cry of...Cobraaaaa! (Cobraaaaaaaaa!) Cobraaaaaa! (Cobraaaaaaaaaaa!)") makes it looks like The War on Terror: The Musical. It's also beautifully animated, high tempo action, and a perfect distillation of the cartoon series in a single action sequence.
* SignatureScene: The opening sequence. G.I. Joe foils a Cobra attack on the Statue of Liberty, with almost every single character who had ever appeared on the show contributing. Throw in AwesomeMusic and great moments like Duke punching Cobra Commander off the Statue.
** The part of the vine trap sequence where Quick Kick, Snake Eyes, and Lady Jaye fall victim may or may not skirt the line between FanService and FanDisservice.