* BrokenBase: Many fans of the original special are torn on ''Frosty Returns''.
* EarWorm: ''Frosty Returns'' may be flawed, but [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6PnTmyYT6w "Let it Snow'']] is somewhat catchy.
* FanonDiscontinuity: There was no such thing as ''Frosty Returns''.
* MoralEventHorizon: Hinkle crosses this when he locks Frosty in the greenhouse and, thus, causing him to [[spoiler:[[TearJerker melt]].]]
** Possibly even earlier when he douses Karen's campfire, which was the only thing between her and freezing to death. It's especially bad because he does so ''for no reason whatsoever''. At least killing Frosty helped him achieve his goal of getting the hat back, but endangering the little girl achieves nothing.
* NightmareFuel: More than one child has been traumatized when [[spoiler:Professor Hinkle deliberately melts Frosty]]. Even worse when you realize [[spoiler:[[FridgeHorror Karen had to watch her friend melt]].]]
* TearJerker: When [[spoiler:Frosty is melted]], and again when Frosty and Karen have to part in the penultimate scene.
* TheyJustDidntCare: ''Frosty Returns''
* WhatHappenedToTheMouse: Frosty and his wife may be happy up in the Arctic, but what ever became of "Pastor Snow" who married them? He was alive too; but isn't mentioned after the wedding.