* AlternativeCharacterInterpretation: Was Jason intending to kill Darren and Lizabeth, or was he giving them a chance to leave. This troper wonders if he was just standing there to scare intruders, before eventually having to kill the two when they didn't heed his silent warning.
** Some have theorized that the reason Jason was [[CruelAndUnusualDeath particularly brutal]] to Paula was because she bore a pretty good resemblance towards Alice, the woman who killed his mother.
* SugarWiki/AwesomeMusic: "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u7H6Rk_59M He's Back (The Man Behind the Mask)]]" by Music/AliceCooper makes the ending scene so much cooler.
** Also, "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ru8A9V5eY0 Hard Rock Summer]]" from the same man.
* CrowningMomentOfAwesome: Sheriff Garris' beat down on Jason to save his daughter. He tackles him to the ground, kicks him while he's down and makes him roll over in the process, beats him with a log so hard he breaks the log, and bashes Jason's head several times with a large, heavy rock. Few characters ever get the chance to give Jason such a beating, futile as it might be.
* NightmareFuel: Ironically, although this installment is a black comedy, [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCRALDHxlGQ the trailer]] is very spooky.
* SurprisinglyImprovedSequel: Jason's return, Thom Mathews' performance, the self-referential humor and a more coherent plot combined to make this one a major fan favorite. Even professional critics gave it good marks - a rarity for this franchise.
* WinBackTheCrowd: Jason was explicitly brought back to make up for the fifth movie, which had received overwhelmingly negative fan reaction.