* AcceptableReligiousTargets: Thoroughly deconstructed; writer/Director Chris Morris was intent on removing the terror of Jihadists by making them look as ridiculous as possible. So far no fatwas have been issued.
* AffablyEvil: All of the main characters except the AxeCrazy Barry.
* CrossesTheLineTwice: More than a couple of times actually.
* CrowningMusicOfAwesome: The film manages to make Toploader's "Dancing In The Moonlight" a musical highlight.
* DudeNotFunny: Epically averted. Although... see IdiotPlot below.
* FunnyAneurysmMoment: A terrorist attack on a marathon in a major city? [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Boston_Marathon_bombings Cue April 15, 2013]].
* HilariousInHindsight: The film was released in August of 2010, possibly around the same time that the Geronimo operation, which led to the death of OsamaBinLaden, was being planned.
* IdiotPlot: Let's face it, if any of the Lions did anything remotely intelligent we'd be watching a completely different sort of film.
* MoralEventHorizon: [[spoiler: Barry blowing up Hassan when he bottles out and tries to surrender to a police officer who happens upon them. A fairly despicable act in itself, but Omar is especially outraged that Barry took away Hassan's choice to give his own life, and thus the posthumous rewards of his sacrifice.]]
* PainfulRhyme: Hassan's lyrics. A sample: "''For my creed/ I di-heed''."
* TearJerker: Omar pretends to be a doctor so he can deliver a coded message to his wife, a hospital receptionist: [[spoiler: "I've finished my shift, I'm taking my team to the top floor"]]
** Also [[spoiler: when he hears Waj kill himself over the phone after trying to talk him out of it... and then walks into Boots.]]
*** [[spoiler:...and it wasn't even a branch of Boot's, just some cheap little independent pharmacy, making Omar's gesture seem even more tragic and futile]]
* ValuesDissonance: The whole point of the film, but our protagonists have a hard time putting their finger on exactly ''which'' values.
* TheWoobie: Feisal. Waj takes over later on.