* CargoShip: [=McJunker=] loves mine carts a ''little'' too much.
* CrowningMomentOfAwesome: Plenty of these, one that stands out is when you get your own [[OlympusMons Olympus Mon]] and proceed to curbstomp your way to the bad guy. The commentators really help.
* CrowningMomentOfFunny: The game's commentators, Slate Johnson and P.A. Leon are the source of many of these as they give professional, totally unbiased commentary... as they cheer you on.
* CrowningMomentOfHeartwarming: The park night scenes.
* DamselScrappy / TheLoad: Rosie. So very badly. This is even lampshaded when she points out how many times you've had to pull her ass out of the fire.
* EnsembleDarkhorse: Judging from the fandom alone, you would think the series is about a group of reptilian aliens and their struggles, and not dinosaur battling. It's probably fair to say some of the fans are [[JustHereForGodzilla just there for the dinaurians.]]
* FridgeLogic After you beat the game, the game makes you shell out $20,000 for an oasis seed, because there's an area called parchment desert where your radar won't work because of how hot it is. Soooooo... how come your radar worked just fine in [[ExactlyWhatItSaysOnTheTin Mt. Lavaflow?]]
* GameBreaker: Compso. It can lower the opposing AZ dino's attack and defense by 90% AND it gives you a nice FP bonus thanks to FP Plus just by being in your SZ. And you can get one pretty early on.
** Raja in Champions, which can be found in the first area, as it can evolve into Giga Raja with a Gold Fossil, which can also be uncovered early with a little dedication. By combining its new, highly-powered attacks with its ability to Charge power, Giga Raja can deal more damage than the highest possible Hit Points of any Vivosaur!
* LesYay: With Pauleen if you play as the female character, as she does get embarrassed when she takes you by the hands
* MemeticMutation: In addition to a guard who talks about miserable little piles of secrets, one kid gets in a "Do Not Want!" during [[spoiler: the invasion of the town.]]
* MostWonderfulSound: The little jingle that plays when you crack open an obstacle and find some money.
* SidetrackedByTheGoldSaucer: Fossil cleaning is ''addicting''. It's possible to be on chapter 2 and have a bunch of upgrades and powerful Viviosaurs.
** The upgrades that let you find new fossil rocks make it even ''more'' addictive.
* TaintedByThePreview: Some review outlets accused the game of being Nintendo ripping off itself based on concept alone, despite the fact that it doesn't actually play all that much like Pokemon.
* ThatOneBoss: Saurhead--the issue is not that he's exceedingly strong, it's that you have to play ''extremely'' defensive, because [[WeCannotGoOnWithoutYou losing even one viviosaur makes you lose.]]
* ToyShip: The main character and Rosie; her crush on him is particularly painfully obvious. [[spoiler: But near the very end of the game, you can choose to have him end up with Duna instead.]]
* TheWoobie: Rosie [[GenreSavvy realizes]] she's TheLoad, and is genuinely sorry when you have to help. She even asks if you hate her.