* AcceptableTargets - [[FrenchJerk The French]]
** The Americans and British Royal Family get it too, though to a much lesser degree.
* AlternateCharacterInterpretation: Liam, Rita's brother, is a dirty rotten sellout. [[FridgeLogic Think about it]]. ''He'' pointed out that Roddy was wanted by the Toad, complete with a phone number. Then, ''someone'' phoned Thimblenose Ted. Ted doesn't say who. Just "a tipoff." Who, oh ''who'', could've [[IncrediblyLamePun ratted]] Roddy out?
** In his defense, he ''did'' think Rodney was a dirty criminal using them to hide.
* MsFanservice: Rita. Unlike most examples, it seems to stem less from her physical appearance than her badass persona.
** And that ''[[ArousedByTheirVoice accent]]''!
* GeniusBonus: The cockroach behind the fridge can briefly be seen reading Kafka's ''Literature/TheMetamorphosis''.
* NoProblemWithLicensedGames: Not a bad little game. No bugs, some obviously incomplete areas, but the speedboating is fun. Only problem is the platforming's a bit difficult.
** Big plus on presentation values, as the CGI models from the movie could be re-used for the game.
* OlderThanTheyThink: The film got flack for switching from stop-motion to CGI, despite Aardman having used CGI in many of their advertisements. You can forgive Americans, though, as most of these ads have only aired in England.
* TheyChangedItNowItSucks: More than a few fans were ticked off that this was not going to be done in Aardman's trademark claymation style. At least one article at the time compared it to when BobDylan started playing electric guitar.
* VisualEffectsOfAwesome: To say nothing else of the rest of the film, the animators took great effort to give the animation a "jerky" stop-motion look and texture resembling clay. At times, it actually looks like stop-motion.