* AuthorsSavingThrow: Though it's still not highly regarded, people began to warm up to the game a bit more once it was made free to download. At that point the only things you need to pay for are optional extras, you're free to ignore them and just play the base game, which is nothing special but provide an adequately entertaining way to waste time.
* FashionVictimVillain: Rubicante.
* ThatOneBoss: A whole ''gauntlet'' of them near the end, culminating with [[spoiler: Neo Exdeath]].
* ScrappyMechanic: The battle system. Just swipe your finger/stylus over your characters like mad, and you have a system. ''That's it.''
** Having to pay for new areas and new characters is a dick move, but excusable since they ''are'' optional extras. What isn't is that the gold hourglasses you need to revive the party cost money. Yes, when your party is getting pummeled, your only options are to wait three minutes of real time as they revive automatically, or pay money to revive them instantly. You have to ''pay more money'' to revive your party members.
* TheyChangedItNowItSucks: The main accusations that reviewers like IGN and Game Informer make whenever the game and its battle system is brought up.
* TheyJustDidntCare: The whole game just screams "zero effort for a quick buck". The entire gameplay just consists of swiping the characters repeatedly with no strategy whatsoever, and the game is built in such a way that tries to get you to pay money to bring fallen characters back. The sprites save for some "premium heroes" and the soundtrack is all recycled from other games.
* TheyWastedAPerfectlyGoodPlot: Based on premise alone the game ''could'' have been great, and the sprite work is awesome and shows there was real effort put in. The result has not only been underwhelming, but completely hated by fans and reviewers alike.