* AwardSnub -- Lost the best picture award in 1989 to ''DrivingMissDaisy''.
* SugarWiki/HeartwarmingMoments -- The final game of Catch between Ray and his dad. If you don't get a warm feeling, get back in your coffin. You're clearly dead
* MemeticMutation -- "If you build it, he will come.". [[BeamMeUpScotty Although it's too often quoted as "If you build it, they will come."]].
* TearJerker -- This film has often been described as one of the ultimate [[ManlyTears "guy cry"]] movies
* UnfortunateImplications -- [[http://www.boston.com/sports/columnists/pierce/2010/05/plant_the_corn_again_please.html Some]] have raised their eyebrows at the fact that no black or Latino players showed up in the movie. Granted, major league baseball wasn't integrated until the 50's, but the Negro Leagues had their own great players and if Shoeless Joe got to have his injustice addressed on the Field of Dreams, surely great ball players kept out by segregation could too.