* AwardSnub -- Lost the best picture award in 1989 to ''DrivingMissDaisy''.
* SugarWiki/HeartwarmingMoments -- The final game of Catch between Ray and his dad. If you don't get a warm feeling, get back in your coffin. You're clearly dead
* MemeticMutation -- "If you build it, he will come.". [[BeamMeUpScotty Although it's too often quoted as "If you build it, they will come."]].
* TearJerker -- This film has often been described as one of the ultimate [[ManlyTears "guy cry"]] movies
* UnfortunateImplications -- [[http://www.boston.com/sports/columnists/pierce/2010/05/plant_the_corn_again_please.html Some]] have raised their eyebrows at the fact that no black or Latino players showed up in the movie.
** HateDumb - The color line in American baseball wasn't abolished until the 1950s. The named players that show up are all white because the players banned in real life were all white. It's reasonable to assume the unnamed players are white because they come from around the same time period where there would be no black or latino players playing. The above article also cites the omission of two players who were still alive when the film came out so obviously they wouldn't be among the dead players that show up. Pretty much a case of EverythingIsRacist on the writer's part.
** Except Negro teams existed going back to the 1880s...