* CharacterRerailment: Ben's immaturity is mostly removed to bring him back to his AF season 1 and 2 personality, with his ego manifesting in a much toned down form.
* CriticalResearchFailure: A weird case in the fight between NRG and Lancer, where Gae Bolg fails to kill Ben. Ben explains it by NRG's armor being too thick for it, which shouldn't work, seeing how Gae Bolg always hits the heart no matter what, unless a Noble Phantasm can block it. However, NRG being an EnergyBeing and as such lacking a heart, his survival can still be considered acceptable if you assume Ben was just mistaken on the reason why it didn't kill him.
** Similarly, Ben assuming [[KaraNoKyoukai Akasha]] and the Forge of Creation are the same thing can be blamed on Ben's lack of expertise on the subject, seeing how he is just making theories.
* FridgeBrilliance: Unless the Master uses a Catalyst to summon his Servant, the Servant he will get will have a personality close to his. Considering Ben's major ChronicHeroSyndrome, it does make sense he ended up with a selfless JeanneDArchetype as his Servant.
** Also, Avenger being a BadassInANiceSuit in civilian form does make sense if you take into account [[spoiler: the fact the real life JoanOfArc had, according to Jean Beneditti, "a fondness for fine clothes".]]
** Ben's CharacterRerailment is even more justified when you take in account the fact that 1) He is still recovering from the event in the Ultimate Alien season 1 finale and 2) The Holy Grail is a serious situation enough for him to realize [[LetSGetDangerous he has to stop goofing around]].
* GrowingTheBeard: The first chapter, while appreciable, was a bit clumsy, with overly long introductions, a lot of PurpleProse (Avenger's first description, especially, feels a bit like a MarySue portrayal) and a summoning that came a bit out of nowhere (though WordOfGod said he intended to explain it later). Starting with the next chapter however, the story is better written and action is better handled. It gets only better from then.
* OffscreenMomentOfAwesome: Saber apparently once kicked the [[AncientConspiracy Forever Knights]] out of her Kingdom for trying to steal her Excalibur.
* OneSceneWonder: [[spoiler:Paradox. He appears for a few seconds, but in said time, he resurrects Bazett, mentions he has known Chu Chulain by the past and sets the events for the next chapters.]]
** Taiga only had one appearance so far, and she still managed to be her usually crazy self.