* BreatherLevel: In the Flash version of ''World 3'', Island Express has only platforms, Squiggles, and stars, leaving out the enemies and challenges present in other levels. In the console version of the game, however, that stage is a full, fleshed-out level.
* EarWorm: The main theme. ''Doo doo doooo...''
* CompressedAdaptation[=/=]PolishedPort: The Flash version of ''World 3'', though it does not have a good portion of the consoles' content, is a very respectable and full game in its own right.
* GoddamnedBats: The ninjas in ''World 3''. They're small, they can't be stunned, and they tend to appear in large groups.
* ShoutOut: The fighting controls for the pencil in ''World 3'' reflect those of Fancy Pants Man's combos in ''NewgroundsRumble'', since Borne designed every aspect of FPM's inclusion in that game.
* ThatOneBoss: The Angry Rabbit in the full game and World 2. ''[[UpToEleven Especially]]'' in the iOS port for it.