!!The movies provide examples of:
* SoOkayItsAverage: How most critics have felt about the remake, especially compared to the original with its stronger social commentary.
!!The musical version provides examples of:
* CrowningMusicOfAwesome: "Fame", clearly. The full version of "Bring on Tomorrow" is another.
* EarWorm: ''"FAME! I'm gonna live forever, I'm gonna learn how to fly!"''
* FridgeLogic: Wait, a performing arts high school, and not ONE gay kid?!
* HollywoodPudgy: Mabel, depending on the actress. She can be any size, but the point is, she's fat for a dancer.
* HoYay: "Can't Keep it Down" is full of it. In some productions, Nick and Joe Vegas HoYay it up during the Romeo and Juliet scene with Serena.
** Not to mention that Serena is half-convinced Nick is gay.
--> ''"You'll probably go off to New Haven and meet some guy and forget all about me!"''
** "In L.A" for Carmen.
** "These Are My Children" for Ms. Sherman.
** The full version of "Bring on Tomorrow" when Schlomo [[spoiler: dedicates the performance to Carmen, who's just died of a drug overdose.]]