* AlternateCharacterInterpretation: Littlepip as a VillainProtagonist. Several of her actions can be seen as morally questionable as she can be pretty ruthless towards her enemies. The story itself even acknowledges this viewpoint, with Red Eye explaining how they are NotSoDifferent. A few fans may consider this a BaseBreaker.
** Good intentions or not, Velvet Remedy can be seen as [[BlackAndWhiteInsanity self-righteous]] [[SmallNameBigEgo egotistical]] [[BitchInSheepsClothing bitch]], who mocks and insults Littlepip and her other companions for their actions no matter how justified they may be. Even after her CharacterDevelopment, she is shown to still have traces of this.
** In addition, Steelhooves can be seen as a GoodIsNotNice AbsoluteXenophobe KnightTemplar. You think littlepip can be bad? (see above) He takes the cake!
* AntiClimaxBoss: Nightseer gets quite a bit of buildup. [[spoiler: Littlepip kills her within the span of a single paragraph.]]
* AwesomeMusic: A fan performed [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksn91wXHgx8 this piece]] in honor of Littlepip, the first in what will be a line of several FO:E inspired songs. The instrumentals and vocals are excellent, and the lyrics fit Littlepip's struggles throughout the story perfectly.
-->''I'm sick and tired, of all this fighting. Not sure if this blood is mine...''
** A good number of brony musical artists have composed songs inspired by ''Fallout: Equestria'', including dozens of songs available on YouTube and even music featured on the "Balloon Party" album series.
* BaseBreaker: [=LittlePip=] and Velvet Remedy, as seen in AlternateCharacterInterpretations up above.
* DarknessInducedAudienceApathy: The dark setting and questionable morality of the protagonists make the story rather hard to read for some people.
** [[spoiler: The Memory Orb sequences are so bleak, depressing, and hopeless that you eventually get ''used'' to seeing the main cast of ''Friendship is Magic'' dying horrible, pointless deaths.]]
*** [[spoiler:Not just the main cast. In Canterlot, a pony (who while never identified is often assumed by fans to have been [[EnsembleDarkhorse Lyra]]) [[ImMelting died horribly]] from [[DeadlyGas Pink Cloud exposure]].]]
* DesignatedHero: Arguably Littlepip and Steelhooves. [[BlackAndGreyMorality It may or may not be intentional]].
* FanficFuel: There's a ''reason'' why this story has spawned so many [[RecursiveFanfiction Recursive Fanfics!]] Many involve [[HeroOfAnotherStory characters usually inspired by Pip to do their own part to make the Wasteland a better place.]] Locations get fleshed out much more with casts that live there rather than on the move like Pip and her friends, and deconstruct aspects of the story that were felt to have been glossed over. They usually involve new characters and locations introduced to the show, what happened to characters the original story didn't mention, and describe stables not covered by the story itself.
* HarsherInHindsight: [[spoiler: So you'd like to be a tree, eh, Fluttershy?]]
** The story depicts Ditzy Doo as unable to talk because her tongue was cut out. Later, the referring to the character in the show as Derpy, combined with her voice, lead to backlash from MoralGuardians for the UnfortunateImplications, resulting in her voice being changed and likely making it so she won't be getting another voiced part anytime soon.
** Friendship is Magic's [[Recap/MyLittlePonyFriendshipIsMagicS2E25ACanterlotWeddingPart1 second season finale]] includes several elements that are eerily similar to FO:E, such as [[spoiler: Canterlot enclosed in a [[DeflectorShields magical shield]] and a legion of corrupted WingedUnicorn SlaveMooks led by an obnoxious LargeHam HiveQueen, who was voiced by [[Creator/KathleenBarr the same actress as Trixie]] with an added [[VoiceoftheLegion reverb effect.]]]]
* HilariousInHindsight: Watcher is a mysterious gravelly-voiced nigh-omniscient observer who communicates by hijacking floating robots - just like Ulysses in [[VideoGame/FalloutNewVegas Lonesome Road]], which was released several months after ''Fallout: Equestria'' started.
** Littlepip thinks the name "Pipsqueak" would be ridiculous. Then an actual character named Pipsqueak appeared in the show.
*** And what nickname did Zecora give him? Little Pip!
** All of the magic spells that Kkat came up with before season 2 even started, including memory transfers, bypass spells, and self levitation.
** Now add in the harnesses used to hold the lances for Crystal Ponies while jousting, which resemble very early battle saddles.
** [[DrunkontheDarkSide Corrupted]] by an enhanced source of magic, [[spoiler: Trixie]] sets herself up as a tyrant. [[Recap/MyLittlePonyFriendshipIsMagicS3E5MagicDuel Sound familiar?]]
** Also from ''Lonesome Road'', the [[http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Shoulder_mounted_machine_gun SMMG]] and [[http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Red_Glare Red Glare]] look like battle saddles retrofitted for human use.
** And now Twilight gets [[Recap/MyLittlePonyFriendshipIsMagicS3E13MagicalMysteryCure involuntarily transformed into an alicorn.]]
** Zecora crafts a potion that gives zebras bat-like wings. Two months later, the episode "Luna Eclipsed" introduces bat-winged ponies.
** Why did the Everfree Forest mutate into a much more horrible and deadly place when it was never hit by a megaspell? Because the Elements of Harmony were removed, and their presence in the Forest had been holding the horrors back... much like the revelation in the Season 4 premiere.
** ''Inspiration Manifestation'' confirms dragon tactic of "eat it" for disposing of hazardous magical items.
** ''Twilight's Kingdom'' shows extremely destructive spells similar to balefire bombs, complete with mushroom clouds.
** In the chapter ''The Moral of the Story'', Pinkie Bell makes the remark that "Pinkie Pie’s only regret was that she couldn’t be everywhere helping all the troops all the time!" ''Too Many Pinkie Pies'' takes on an almost eerily similar premise.
** Learning in season 5 how dilapidated and fallen to poverty Griffonstone became and how griffons are OnlyInItForTheMoney, it's no surprise they were depicted as Equestrian mercenaries.
* HypeAversion[=/=]HypeBacklash: This is ''easily'' one of the most famous ''Friendship is Magic'' fanfics out there. It has fan art, fan music, there are fan games being made for it including ''Fallout 3'' mods, and it has inspired dozens of spin-off fics. Does it deserve all this attention? Not everypony would agree.
* InternetBackdraft: Quite a bit, mainly due to combining MLP with something as dark as ''Fallout'', as well as the seemingly meanspirited way [[spoiler:the Mane Six and their friends met their ends]].
* IronWoobie: Ditzy Doo. When the megaspells dropped, she was caught at the edge of one, which turned her into a Ghoul. She's spent the next 200 years doing whatever she can to survive, with the always present possibility that her mind will degrade to the point where she becomes little more than a mindless beast. This also has the effect of making surviving ponies [[FantasticRacism reluctant to go near her]], since nopony wants to be around when a zombie flips out. But even with all this, she is still friendly and helpful, to the point where Littlepip calls her the nicest pony she's met in the wasteland[[spoiler:, and later becomes the new Element of Laughter.]]
* JustHereForGodzilla: Some fans only read the story for the large amount of WorldBuilding and backstory, finding the main narrative less compelling than the events that shaped the present. This may account for the spinoff fanfiction, where writers are free to make their own cast of characters that are doing their own thing.
* MagnificentBastard: Red Eye.
* MoralEventHorizon: A number of ponies in the story cross this. Among them:
** [[spoiler:The Steel Rangers invading Stable Two and attempting to slaughter everypony in it just to get at the pre-war technology it holds.]]
** [[spoiler:The Enclave attempting to destroy Friendship City just to kill one Dashite (prior to the attack commencing one of them even shoots a terrified filly who was trying to get away from Littlepip, then attempts to justify it by saying that they couldn't take any chances.)]]
** Littlepip treats (and justifies) her [[spoiler: massacre of everypony in Arbu as this.]]
* StrawmanHasAPoint: Red Eye's propaganda states that all races of pony are equally important. He seems to consider the opposition that earth ponies are the best, which seems laughable. His opposition's points seem to be better than his, and then you realize that [[spoiler:the pro-earth pony Stable he's from invented cybernetic implants and cured old age with only the tiny population of one Stable]].
* TheyWastedAPerfectlyGoodPlot: Wait, so [[spoiler: a hellhound got turned into a pony?]] I bet you can't wait to see what its life will be like now! [[spoiler: ...Oh wait, chances are its dead now.]]
* UglyCute: Ditzy as a ghoul, who despite looking and smelling like a body that's been in the sun for a few days, is one of the most friendly and genuinely helpful ponies in the story.
* TheWoobie: Get out yer hankie, it's easier to count the characters who aren't this trope.
* WhyDontYouJustShootHim: Antagonists frequently back Littlepip into a corner, and [[VillainBall wind up snatching defeat from the jaws of victory]]
** Those raiders in [[spoiler: Ponyville]] know where Littlepip is hiding for the night, and settle for leaving a landmine by the front door instead of shooting her while she's asleep.
** Instead of killing her, [[spoiler: Mr. Topaz]] engages Littlepip in conversation and [[spoiler: The alicorn in Appleoosa]] taunts her.
** [[spoiler: Littlepip is captured after attempting to escape Fillydelphia and killing a few guards. Red Eye insists she be sent to The Pit instead of executing her outright.]]
*** At least [[spoiler: Red Eye]] had a good excuse for not doing so. [[spoiler: He wanted her to survive so she could be part of a new Alicorn god.]]