* AntiClimaxBoss: [[spoiler: You don't battle Lucien, and you may not even get to kill him yourself if you listen to him [[VillainousBreakdown rant]] for too long.]]
* CompleteMonster: Reaver. In the [[VideoGame/FableII second game]] he manages to double cross the main character at least twice and was revealed to be the person responsible for [[spoiler: the destruction of Oakvale, though he actually regretted that action in the past (key emphasis on the past tense in that statement)]]. In the [[VideoGame/FableIII third game]] he [[CorruptCorporateExecutive controls the Bowerstone industrial sector]], which he forces children to work in factories and shoots workers who slow or grow tired, protest, or break some unannounced rule he has yet to think up. He also acts as an advisor to the king in which his suggestions will be something along the lines of deforestation and tearing down a school to make room for a whorehouse.
* EvilIsSexy: Sparrow as [[LawfulEvil Fanatic.]]
* GoddamnedBoss: Trolls. Their weak points only pop out for a short time between attacks, and each one is destroyed when hit, so the last hit is often a tricky shot. For added irritation, their attacks knock you back and stun you.
* MoralEventHorizon: [[spoiler:The original Commandant ordering you to kill Bob, the poor guard. This is after the Commandant's methods have reduced Bob to a gibbering wreck.]]
* MostAnnoyingSound: "Oh, please, great hero. May I have your autograph?"
* SugarWiki/FunnyMoments: The Gargoyle's TrashTalk:
-->'''Gargoyle''': Hey, Hero! I got a quest for ya--kiss my ass!
* PlayerPunch: Towards the end, it starts to seem like Lucien is spending his off hours thinking up new ways to piss your character off.
** The Spire can also be an example. If you had a family before getting on the ship, you won't get to see them again for ten years.
* SurprisinglyImprovedSequel: Fable 2 has gotten a much better reception than the original.
* ValuesDissonance: The Blind Date quest may be that to homophobic players, given that [[spoiler: setting up Rupert with a gay man rewards you with Good points and setting him up with a woman rewards you with Evil points]].
* TheWoobie: Any player character is set to lose their sister [[spoiler:and their dog]] regardless of how you play. This can be taken UpToEleven if [[spoiler:you have a family, as Lucien will kill them himself]].
** Farmer Giles has his wife murdered by Ripper, just because they found out about his gang being crossdressers.