* SugarWiki/AwesomeMusic: Par for the course in a Kubrick film:
** The [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99zB8RdFHdQ background music]] to the infamous masked orgy ritual, which also doubles as NightmareFuel.
** [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHXx80JuZKM Musica Ricerata no. 2]] is used to great effect.
** [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmCnQDUSO4I Dmitri Shostakovich - Waltz No. 2]]
* BestKnownForTheFanservice: The average person doesn't know much in the movie aside from nude Nicole Kidman (at times kissing naked Tom Cruise, as seen on the poster) and the infamous masked orgy.
* EveryoneIsSatanInHell: One website claims that Kubrick was murdered by the Illuminati because the orgy scene was too accurate.
* HarsherInHindsight: When the wife tells her tale to the protagonist, you get to see is the face of Tom Cruise listening at Nicole Kidman - his wife - describing how he doesn't understand women. The couple's real-life successive break-up makes this almost prophetic.
* HypeBacklash: It was really hyped for being Kubrick's swan song, and having an attached campaign of secrecy that had been going strong for nearly half a decade. [[BrokenBase Many]] ended up disappointed.
* TrueArtIsIncomprehensible: You'd think a film with a plot as simple as "a man discovers his wife contemplated an affair a year ago, and contemplates having one himself," would be a simple enough experience. [[MindScrew You would be dead wrong]].
** Then again, many would say this is par for course when it comes to Kubrick.