* AlternativeCharacterInterpretation: You could interpret Bad Rap's behaviour as being motivated by guilt for causing the death of other dinosaurs (or at least other velociraptors) in the pilot, thus explaining why he is so obsessed with exterminating humans and bringing back a dinosaur era on Earth.
** His motivations for the most part scream WellIntentionedExtremist, as he basically wants to make the Earth suitable for reptiles in general. Of course, his CardCarryingVillain personality makes him look quite deranged.
* AngstWhatAngst: While the Dinosaurs were sometimes saddened that they were the last of their kind, Hard Rock quickly got over the fact that he was stranded on Earth with no way to get back home again.
* BizarroEpisode: "The Extreme Files". A parody of, of all things, [[Series/TheXFiles The X-Files]]. Pork and several other airplane passengers mysteriously disappear, so agents [[LawyerFriendlyCameo Scolder and Mully]] get called up to investigate it. They suspect that Roswell and Pork might be in involved. They along with other FBI agents infiltrate Pork's home where the Dinosaurs are. Scolder and yes [[AgentScully Mully]] are surprised by talking dinosaurs actually existing. The dinosaurs and the FBI agents suspect Roswell scientist Becky Scarwell who has a history with Scolder. Turns out that several aliens abducted the passengers as hostages in exchange for the aliens Scarwell has been keeping captive. They free the aliens and the airplane passengers return to their seats. Oh and the Raptors don't appear at all in this episode.
* CriticalResearchFailure: Though [[ScienceMarchesOn it wasn't very common knowledge when the show aired]], Pteranodons, of course, aren't dinosaurs and Stegosaurus did not live at the end of the Cretaceous. Also, [[RaptorAttack the raptor are depicted a la Jurassic Park rather than their real selves]].
* EarWorm: The theme-song, big time. "Extreme, Extreme, EXTREME DINOSAURS...!"
* InvincibleHero: Considering the villains are [[FragileSpeedster raptors]] while the heroes get all the more powerful dinosaurs and pterosaur ([[TyrannosaurusRex T-rex]], [[HornAttack triceratops]], [[GiantFlyer pteranodon]] and [[BewareMyStingerTail stegosaurus]]), this is to be expected. To be fair, the Raptors can be a real threat when they go with a plan, but whenever it comes to direct confrontation, they tend to lose quite quickly.
* TearJerker: There's one point where it finally dawns on the team that they're the only dinosaurs left and everyone they knew before they were mutated is dead. Special mention goes to poor Bullzeye, who briefly mistakes a pteranodon skeleton in a museum for a living pteranodon. When he sees what it really is, he's visibly upset.
* TheyWastedAPerfectlyGoodCharacter: Ridge from the Colossal Dome two parter. He looked like he would join the team as the [[SixthRanger sixth dinosaur]], but he stays with the rebels and never appears again.
* TheyWastedAPerfectlyGoodPlot: The plot involving the Raptors finding raptor eggs and trying to have them hatch in order to raise an army had the Extreme Dinosaurs steal an egg and trying to raise it as one of them, hoping this might result in at least one good raptor, with Spike being sceptic about the idea. In the end, [[spoiler:the eggs turn out to actually be ostrich eggs.]] While this twist is undiscutably [[CrowningMomentOfFunny hilarious]], no one can deny it would have been cool to have a [[TokenHeroicOrc good raptor]] as a new character considering all that would have involved.
* TheWoobie: Haxx.
** Spittor in "''Jurassic Art.''" His partners gave him no support for his short lived artist career. In fact, they were the ones to end it.
** Even though they're both [[CardCarryingVillain evil]], you can't help but feel a little sympathy for them.