* AlternativeCharacterInterpretation: You could interpret Bad Rap's behaviour as being motivated by guilt for causing the death of other dinosaurs (or at least other velociraptors) in the pilot, thus explaining why he is so obsessed with exterminating humans and bringing back a dinosaur era on Earth.
** His motivations for the most part scream WellIntentionedExtremist, as he basically wants to make the Earth suitable for reptiles in general. Of course, his CardCarryingVillain personality makes him look quite deranged.
* CriticalResearchFailure: Though [[ScienceMarchesOn it wasn't that common of a knowledge when the show came up]], Pteranodons, of course, aren't dinosaurs and Stegosaurus did not live at the end of the Cretaceous. Also, [[RaptorAttack the raptor are depicted a la Jurassic Park rather than their real selves]].
* EarWorm: The theme-song, big time. "Extreme, Extreme, EXTREME DINOSAURS...!"
* InvincibleHero: Considering the villains are [[FragileSpeedster raptors]] while the heroes get all the more powerful dinosaurs and pterosaur ([[TyrannosaurusRex T-rex]], [[HornAttack triceratops]], [[GiantFlyer pteranodon]] and [[BewareMyStingerTail stegosaurus]]), this is to be expected. To be fair, the Raptors can be a real threat when they go with a plan, but whenever it comes to direct confrontation, they tend to lose quite quickly.
* TearJerker: There's one point where it finally dawns on the team that they're the only dinosaurs left and everyone they knew before they were mutated is dead. Special mention goes to poor Bullzeye, who briefly mistakes a pteranodon skeleton in a museum for a living pteranodon. When he sees what it really is, he's visibly upset.
* TheyWastedAPerfectlyGoodPlot: The plot involving the Raptors finding raptor eggs and trying to have them hatch in order to raise an army had the Extreme Dinosaurs steal an egg and trying to raise it as one of them, hoping this might result in at least one good raptor, with Spike being sceptic about the idea. In the end, [[spoiler:the eggs turn out to actually be ostrich eggs.]] While this twist is undiscutably [[CrowningMomentOfFunny hilarious]], no one can deny it would have been cool to have a good raptor as a new character considering all that would have involved.
* TheWoobie: Haxx.
** Spittor in "''Jurassic Art.''" His partners gave him no support for his short lived artist career. In fact, they were the ones to end it.
** Even though they're both [[CardCarryingVillain evil]], you can't help but feel a little sympathy for them.