* PolishedPort: The game's main characters have better character models based mainly on the second game's character models. However...
* PortingDisaster: Not as bad towards the second game port but the problems are really shown in the first. Including things as, missing levels, less bosses, easier bosses, less Cyframes parts, and less areas to explore.
* ThatOneBoss: [[spoiler:Yurka can be a really surprising brief DifficultySpike when first fought. He has blinding attacks that affect 2X3 squares, has an entire party hit skill, and his normal attacks can possibly deplete half health or more. The only attack that doesn't work too much is his health absorption.]]
** [[spoiler: Even though he's not longer eternally five levels higher, Eugune can be this depending on what party you take. Attacks that do high damage, a party wide attack, there are not many opportunities to grind during the first half alongwith the other problems (see Porting Disaster) and your healer is kidnapped meaning you'll primarily be relying on items.]]
* TheWoobie: Linear, oh so much.
* ViewerGenderConfusion: Chain is a girl. her appearance and, to a lesser extent the voice acting, do not help at all. Even Mag kind of lampshades this in the very beginning.