* SugarWiki/AwesomeMusic: Pretty much the entire soundtrack.
* BreatherBoss: The Third Rider.
* CrowningMusicOfAwesome: Most of the soundtrack. Most of it can be found [[http://withaknife.bandcamp.com/album/eternal-daughter-original-soundtrack here]], though it is missing some songs such as the forest level's theme.
* FridgeLogic: Mia is portrayed in the game, [[spoiler:right until the ending]], as a young girl; other characters call her the "Little One", and a vendor tells her she is "too young" to need aphrodisiacs. However, Hume, who was conceived ''after'' her, is a general in the Dungaga Army. Either the Dungaga age faster, or I'm missing something.
** He could have just gotten his position by taking over after the former general was killed and doing such a wicked awesome job. Or, it could have been a familial line, if they're militarism was throughout the government. Historical precedents: Admiral Farragut, Charles XI of Sweden, King Tutankhamen.
*** Don't forget that not only did he reach the status of general remarkably fast, he did it while being the bastard child between one of the conquerors and a slave. Dungaga society must be pretty damn merit-based...
** It could also be a case of OlderThanTheyLook for Mia, as a result of [[spoiler: being the daughter of Eluriel]]. Or maybe Mia's mother had met Gar before having Mia, and Hume was an "[[ChildByRape unplanned pregnancy]]."
*** That makes a lot of sense, seeing as Hume refers to Mia as his "little half-sister," suggesting that Mia is younger than him.
* SugarWiki/FunnyMoments: If you kill enemies with the Sigil, they turn into little bunny rabbits. Crazy Geddy is also good for a laugh: [[spoiler: "It's a...Flying Badger of the Woods!"]] Also the idea of a boss named [[spoiler: Mzrmr]] can be quite amusing, even if he's trying to sic his dogs on you.
* GoddamnedBats: The bats in the mines and Grodol caves that keep spawning out of nowhere. During the BossFight with Throm, they're useful for dropping health and ammunition, though.
** Also the Gloom Eyes in Blue Mountain, to a lesser extent.
** The purple slime things [[MookMaker spawned by 4th boss]] may also count. They're likely to be on screen in groups, hit as hard as boss (3, which is likely a 3HKO at that part of game) ''and they're flying towards you'', making dodging them all but simple.
* GoodBadBugs: Jumping right after sliding or dashing backwards will allow you to run at far more than your normal max speed. Also, it is possible to reach the final level and boss a little over halfway through the game, as soon as you clear the tower, and possible to obtain the familiar the first time you enter the hub world, but the final boss requires the familiar and the mask.
* SugarWiki/MomentOfAwesome: Mia learning that [[spoiler:she is the daughter of the Lorian God, Eluriel]], as well as Hume [[spoiler:sacrificing himself to save her]], and, right at the end, Mia [[spoiler:ascending to the skies when she is at death's door, and transforming into a demi-goddess herself.]].
* NauseaFuel: Throm, the fifth boss. At first he just [[StationaryBoss sits in one place]] and throws worms at you. Okay, not so bad...until you damage him enough and his ''skin falls off'', revealing that his body is ''[[TheWormThatWalks entirely composed of those worms that are]]'' '''''[[TheWormThatWalks eating his rotten flesh.]]'''''
* TearJerker: Both [[spoiler: Hume]] and, later [[spoiler:Mia]]'s deaths count as this.
* ThatOneBoss: Hume, who's only the fourth boss you face, but one of the hardest in the game.
** Not just him. Throm, the next boss, can be extremely difficult, as he's a MarathonBoss that keeps tossing GoddamnedBats at you as well as poison worms that constantly swarm you. Hoth Bashuul, the boss immediately after ''that'', can be quite difficult as well. It gets easier after that, though.
*** Hoth Bashuul becomes relatively easy if you [[spoiler:kill the flies quickly so they don't multiply]], whereas Mzrmr can be difficult because [[spoiler:he's off-screen most of the time]].
* WhatDoYouMeanItsNotForKids: The art style is bright, colorful and makes many characters look somewhat childish, and at least half of the soundtrack is similarly light. Between the plot and the difficult gameplay, however, appearance turns out to be the ONLY part of this game which is child-friendly.