* CriticalResearchFailure: Trident fought with Capoeira ''centuries'' before it was developed. RuleOfCool might circumvent this, considering that most of the characters fight with styles they couldn't possibly have learned in their environment.
** And there's that whole BurnTheWitch thing, which never happened during the Salem Witch Trials.
*** In a game where the goal is to SetRightWhatOnceWentWrong, any historical inaccuracies can be [[JustifiedTrope justified]] by explaining that it's just different in their version of the timeline.
** The [[AllThereInTheManual manual]] mentions that the Eternal Champion himself trained the characters that didn't know how to fight; furthermore, in Slash's ending, it's mentioned that he uses a technique learned from Xavier. None of this explains why an Atlantean champion (who died to a cheat) would learn a completely new fighting style...
* CrowningMusicOfAwesome: ''Challenge from the Dark Side's'' soundtrack compared to the original, you just can't go wrong with [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcYy7-697ls The Senator's theme]]. Hail to the Chief, indeed!
* EnsembleDarkHorse: If the Senator ran in real life, he would win the popular vote by a ''landslide''. From the first game, Larcen and Shadow were both popular enough to get their own (terrible) spin-off games.
* GameBreaker: Trident in the first game. Plasma bolt + Spinning Trident = half your health gone in an INSTANT.
* MagnificentBastard: Where to begin with the Dark Champion? He withheld contestants so that the Eternal Champion's contest could never be completed, upon entering said contest distorted it into a battle of ego and hatred to further weaken his brother, and will abduct any contestant who is unfortunate enough to get [[CurbStompBattle curb stomped]] by their opponent and finish them off himself by using their worst fear against them. Yikes!
* ThatOneBoss: The Eternal and Dark Champions. On top of that, losing to either of them yields an instant GameOver.
** The Eternal Champion's shark form is the worst offender, despite the fact that the Dark Champion had an attack in most of his forms that made him invulnerable.