* AlternateCharacterInterpretation: The WebVideo/GameGrumps posit that Alfred Thorman is an obsessed, passive-aggressive old man who fumes to himself when he doesn't get results from his e-mails to the player while hiding behind his "TakeYourTime" presentation.
** And from the dear Grumps Kat is an angressive lesbian that all started with an innocent 'it gets kind of lonely up here' comment.
* CrowningMusicOfAwesome: ''Blue World'' features gorgeous tracks by CelticWoman, and there's one for most every area of the game.
* EvenBetterSequel: ''Blue World'' addresses several complaints about the first ''Endless Ocean'' and sacrifices very little in the process.
* NightmareFuel: [[spoiler:The FinalBoss of ''Blue World'', two]] Goblin Sharks [[spoiler:and the Okeanides Guardian. ''Dear god'' the Guardian. It's even implied in-game that the Okeanides people selectively bred it to be scary! (though how they got the phenotype to stay dominant in the goblin shark population without intervention for thousands of years is a mystery).]]
** [[NightmareFuel/EndlessOcean The game has a surprising amount of this.]]
* TearJerker: [[spoiler:Kat's backstory]], and the secret cutscene unlocked by sitting on the deckchair at sunset.
** And then, in ''Blue World''... [[spoiler:Jean-Eric's son (and Oceana's father) Matthias became trapped in his submersible 650 feet down in the Zahhab Depths while researching the Song of Dragons; he died attempting to escape and left a message for his father in a waterproof case explaining why his work was important to him and that he loved his family very much, giving his old man something to shoot for once more.]]
** [[spoiler:Sidequests heavily imply that Matthias is still alive but the plot thread is never fully resolved.]]
* ThatOneSideQuest: In ''Blue World'', making one million dollars [[spoiler: to excavate the Okeanos temple]] after you complete the main story. Most jobs you take that even reward money and not equipment pay a couple thousand at best, so you have to spend several tedious hours do some same jobs over and over again. There's no hint of this quest coming up, so if you've been spending all the money you've earned so far on other things you're screwed.
** The game then pulls a rather annoying fast one on you: turns out you can reopen the temple for ''half'' that, but the option still isn't available until you've gotten the full $1 million. The result being that you can then purchase pretty much all the best equipment and the items for Nine-Ball Island at once after the temple's been opened, which is nice, but many players will probably still feel annoyed about the FakeLongevity.
* UglyCute: Lots of the fish are pretty in really bizarre ways.
** Even an InUniverse example, as Oceana squeals over many of them.
* TheWoobie: [[spoiler:Kat.]]