!! 1987 Steven Spielberg film.
* CrowningMomentOfAwesome: meets FacingTheBulletsOneLiner when Jim takes Basie back to his abandoned house to see if there's anything worth taking from it. Unfortunately, the house is no longer abandoned, but now quarters Japanese officers who proceed to [[NoHoldsBarredBeatdown beat the living shit out of Basie.]] He casually tosses Jim his aviator shades before the beatdown, with the line, "I want these back when they're done, kid!"
* CrowningMomentOfFunny - Basie deadpans "I bet my Life", referring to his magazine.
* CrowningMomentOfHeartWarming meets CrowningMusicOfAwesome - [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyf059psVew Suo Gan]]
* CrowningMusicOfAwesome: [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To8vbhCG2DY The choir scene at the start of the movie.]]
* JerkassWoobie - Jamie starts as a rather spoiled kid who puts one of his servants through much stress, but quickly loses the jerkass part after he gets separated from his parents and becomes a full-fledged woobie.
* RetroactiveRecognition: Creator/BenStiller as one of the American prisoners of war.
** Not to mention [[Film/TheDarkKnightSaga Batman]] as our KidHero.
* TheScrappy: Jim is an extremely annoying SpoiledBrat for the first half of the film.
** RescuedFromTheScrappyHeap: ... but he grows out of it throughout the rest of the film.