* AwardSnub: He was nominated for fourteen Grammys, but only won three--all of them in the Gospel category. Two of them for the same song.
* BileFascination: His album ''Music/HavingFunWithElvisOnStage'' has often been called one of the worst records in existence. The record, despite his title, is basically nothing but Elvis bantering with an audience on stage. There are no songs present. To make matters even worse: the comments themselves aren't even funny, because all context is lost. Still, it has attracted a lot of curious listeners who favor SoBadItsGood records.
* CoveredUp: "Hound Dog" was originally performed by blues singer Big Mama Thornton.
** "Blue Suede Shoes" is another one; it was actually a big hit for Music/CarlPerkins before Elvis' own version was successful.
** Presley was also late to the party in recording "Shake Rattle and Roll"; his version actually combines elements of the previous hit versions by Joe Turner and [[Music/BillHaleyAndHisComets Bill Haley]] (Turner's lyrics, Haley's arrangement).
** Later in his career there was "Suspicious Minds" (originally written and recorded by Mark James) and "Burning Love" (first recorded by Arthur Alexander).
* DorkAge: The mid-sixties. Nowadays, even die-hard fans find it difficult to enjoy some of the musical comedies he was making at that time.
** In fact, if one were to ask who Music/TheBeatles' favorite artist was, they'd always insist it was "pre-Army" Elvis.
* MagnumOpus: His most historically important album is ''[[Music/ElvisPresleyTheAlbum Elvis Presley]]'' (1956), though the original tracklist isn't a good indication of his best work. Re-releases have add more of his hit singles from this time period, making the CD that is available nowadays much, much better. Other albums that are highly regarded among fans and critics are ''Music/TheSunSessions'', for a good feel of Elvis' early appeal and ''[[Music/ElvisNBCTVSpecial Elvis NBC TV Special]]'' and ''Music/FromElvisInMemphis'', as the last good albums of his career.
* MemeticMutation: The Jailhouse Rock one, the glittery white Vegas one, take your pick.
** Also the black leather one from the comeback special.
** His then-scandalous hip shaking.