* AwardSnub: He was nominated for fourteen Grammys, but only won three--all of them in the Gospel category. Two of them for the same song.
* CoveredUp: "Hound Dog" was originally performed by blues singer Big Mama Thornton.
** "Blue Suede Shoes" is another one; it was actually a big hit for Carl Perkins before Elvis' own version was successful.
** Presley was also late to the party in recording "Shake Rattle and Roll"; his version actually combines elements of the previous hit versions by Joe Turner and Bill Haley (Turner's lyrics, Haley's arrangement).
* [[SugarWiki/AwesomeMusic Crowning Music Of Awesome]]: Many possible examples.
* DorkAge: The mid-sixties. Nowadays, even die-hard fans find it difficult to enjoy some of the musical comedies he was making at that time.
** In fact, if one were to ask who Music/TheBeatles' favorite artist was, they'd always insist it was "pre-Army" Elvis.
* MemeticMutation: The Jailhouse Rock one, the glittery white Vegas one, take your pick.
** Also the black leather one from the comeback special.
** His then-scandalous hip shaking.
* MemeticSexGod: To the extent that his Chinese FanNickname is "Cat King". As in, a tomcat.