* AcceptableTargets: the ''entire cast'' was created around this trope.
* BigLippedAlligatorMoment: In an episode of 1973 and involving Don Ramón working as a barber, the plot suddenly comes to halt near the end and, literally out of nowhere (Seriously. The scene at the time, taking place in the barber shop, quickly fades away in a very out-of-place, psychodelic way), changes to the whole cast sound and well in the neighborhood, talking about Mexico and the world's current affairs (for the time). The scene soon changes back to the previous scene in the same colorful and spiral manner.
* BaseBreaker: [[AnimatedAdaptation The Animated Adaptation]] is quite hated toward older fans. Dont forget The Chilindrina.
** Don Ramon is ''legendary'' amongst Latin Americans as the funniest character on the show, to the point of MemeticBadass status.
** It is said that Quico's popularity was bigger than Chavo's. The tension provoked by this situation led to Carlos Villagran leaving the cast, followed by Ramon Valdez.
** La Chilindrina was and still is amazingly popular. Actress Maria Antonieta de las Nieves went on to appear as La Chilindrina in a movie, a soap opera where she guest starred for several episodes, and even had her own very successful circus.
* FanonDiscontinuity: For some fans, any episode after the departure of Quico and Don Ramon.
* FunnyAneurysmMoment and/or HilariousInHindsight: Carlos Villagran and Florinda Meza ''did'' have a RomanceOnTheSet and a LoveTriangle with Chespirito, as confirmed in an interview by Villagran. Go watch their charas's scenes as [[MyBelovedSmother mother]] and [[SpoiledBrat son]]. Either get BrainBleach as fast as you can or laugh until you cry.
** El Chavo was extremely popular over all of Latin America, but it's brutal in Brazil, as mentioned above.
** Also worth noting that is by now much more popular in the rest of Latin American countries than Mexico.
* HollywoodHomely: Played right: you can be surprised by how pretty Florinda Meza and Maria Antonieta de las Nieves really were out of their costumes of Doña Florinda and La Chilindrina. Watch them in ''ElChapulinColorado'' and be amazed.
** Doña Florinda's makeup was so over-the-top, it's hard to believe how gorgeous Florinda Meza is, even today.
* [[MagnificentBastard Magnificent Bitch]]: Chilindrina can pull this at times.
* MemeticBadass: As of lately, Latin-based * chan imageboards have taken Ron Damón (not Don Ramón, Ron Damón - based on how Chavo pronounces his name) as some sort of avatar of Mexican badassery. Just go to any * chan, write "hora de ñ" and see the Ron Damón macros ([[InternetBackdraft and racist comments]]) cascade in.
* NightmareFuel: In one episode, both Chavo and Don Ramón believe the latter is going to die, due to the words they were hearing from all others (they were actually talking about [[spoiler:his upcoming birthday]]). At one point, Don Ramón feels so depressed about the misunderstanding that, when he looks himself in a mirror, [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=MB09GGXJvhw#t=359 the reflection shows an eerie, demonic-looking white skull with a black background]].
* TheScrappy: Doña Florinda for many fans.
** RescuedFromTheScrappyHeap: But there are many heartwarming moments with her, like the Christmas episode, the Churros episode, that give some positive light to her.
* ValuesDissonance: Obligatory when considering how old the show is. Don Ramon's hitting Chavo as part of the running gag or it being implied many times that he spanked Chilindrina. Certain episodes have everyone getting extremely disgusted when a confusion leads them to think that [[HoYay Don Ramon and Jirafales]] [[MistakenForGay were in love with each other]]. Not to mention, the show was set and videotaped in the Mexico from TheSeventies. Mexico is a ''very'' conservative society, even by Latin-American standards.
* TheWoobie: Chavo is this sometimes, mainly in the episode where him is Mis-blamed for theft, ostracized by everyone and leaves temporarily. It traumatised several generations: seeing everyone calling him a thief at his face is pretty hard to watch.