* AnimationAgeGhetto: Due to its cute graphics, the game has often been mistaken for a kidsí game, so much so that stores often put it in the kidsí section. Itís anything but.
* BigLippedAlligatorMoment: The intro. Yes, the very first thing in the game is a [[BigLippedAlligatorMoment BLAM]].
* EnsembleDarkhorse: Drogglejug is arguably the most popular character, even though he is just some guy who guards Adrianís cushion castle all day and [[PokemonSpeak can only say his own name]]. He's one of the few characters who return in the [[VideoGame/EdnaAndHarveyHarveysNewEyes spin-off]].
* MostAnnoyingSound: Alfred's voice sounds nothing like a boy's voice. It makes even certain people not like him as much as they think they want to.
* WhatDoYouMeanItsNotForKids: See AnimationAgeGhetto above.
** The first release got no age restriction in Germany. The designer was rather unhappy about this, since it meant that the game frequently ended up on the kiddie game shelves, despite the fact that it's content and humor would be above the heads of most kids. For the Special Edition, developer's commentaries were recorded in which the developer swore a lot, said "fuck" a couple of times completely non-sequitur and names masturbating as an option to spend an afternoon. He succeeded: the Special Edition has an age 12 and above restriction.
* TheWoobie: Even if Alfred was all as much of a pest as Edna claims him to be ([[UnreliableNarrator even though we only ever hear her side of it which is based of the warped memory of when she was kid]]) with all the pranks and mean things she did you can't help but to feel somewhat sorry for him.
** Even more so as in EdnaAndHarveyHarveysNewEyes it was stated that Alfred was used to test Dr. Marcell's behavior correction treatment from early on.
** JerkassWoobie: Edna. No doubt she bullied Alfred when she was a kid, but her behavior was common in children and had a chance of changing her ways when she grew up. It's easy to feel sorry for her after what Dr. Marcell has put her through for ten years. And after the last memory scene, she clearly is shocked and remorseful over [[spoiler:killing Alfred.]]