* AcceptableReligiousTargets: Evangelical Christians.
* AssPull: Transmuting the entire natural world into computronium actually makes plants healthier and grow better. Well ''that'' sure is convenient.
* CrowningMomentOfAwesome: [[http://dresdencodak.com/2013/03/19/dark-science-25/ "I do not help, Mr. Bogan. I oppose."]]
* CrowningMomentOfHeartwarming: [[http://dresdencodak.com/2009/12/16/lantern-season/ Never Alone]].
* MarySue: The lengthy name, suspiciously [[OtakuSurrogate tomboyish traits]], and the central importance of the protagonist have led some to call MarySue. Having her being an extremely attractive, transhuman cyborg probably [[AuthorAppeal doesn't help either]]. The fact that she's a clearly unhinged ideologue who doesn't care if mankind lives or dies either mitigates this somewhat or makes it even creepier.
* MemeticMutation: [[http://dresdencodak.com/2008/05/02/copan/ "I will do science to it."]]
* NightmareFuel: "[[http://dresdencodak.com/2006/02/13/trouble-in-memphis/ Somewhere]], Niels Bohr walks among us, unobserved and '''immortal'''."
* UnfortunateImplications: The portrayal of Christians as insane fundamentalist Christians would be this, if it wasn't intentional.