* AcceptableReligiousTargets: Evangelical Christians.
* AlternateCharacterInterpretation: Some readers see Kimiko as an EvilutionaryBiologist. Others think more kindly of her.
* AssPull: Transmuting the entire natural world into computronium actually makes plants healthier and grow better. Well ''that'' sure is convenient.
* BaseBreakingCharacter: Is Kimiko Ross a well crafted and interesting heroine or a bad case of the author projecting? With the lengthy name, suspiciously [[OtakuSurrogate tomboyish traits]], and the central importance of the protagonist have led some to call Mary Sue; while fans of the series feel the criticisms are either overblown or just excuses to bash the author. The fact that she's a clearly unhinged ideologue who doesn't care if mankind lives or dies is either a good counterpoint to this that makes her flawed or it just makes her creepier. In the actual comic, reality tends to bend to fit her opinions and prejudices and is, for many, the nail in the coffin.
* CounterpartComparison: [[http://thewebcomicsreview.tumblr.com/post/118278724605/dresdencodak-dark-science-45-the-favor-oh#notes Several]] [[http://mole-reads.tumblr.com/post/118279825741/changing-my-usual-tunes-here-let-me-talk-dresden people]] [[http://mr-ru.tumblr.com/post/118288470421/sigmaleph-in-the-latest-dresden-codak-kim have noticed]] the similarity between robots worshiping Kim and the robot religion storyline in ''Webcomic/GunnerkriggCourt''.
* SugarWiki/HeartwarmingMoments: [[http://dresdencodak.com/2009/12/16/lantern-season/ Never Alone]].
* InternetBackdraft: Cube Watermelon (of Webcomic/KiwiBlitz fame) [[http://cubewatermelon.tumblr.com/post/95456037742/sometimes-i-think-its-okay-to-just-admit-that-you critiqued]] (Warning NSFW) the series and a group of pin-ups the author did. A massive flame war erupted over that.
* MemeticMutation: [[http://dresdencodak.com/2008/05/02/copan/ "I will do science to it."]]
* SugarWiki/MomentOfAwesome: [[http://dresdencodak.com/2013/03/19/dark-science-25/ "I do not help, Mr. Bogan. I oppose."]]
* NightmareFuel: "[[http://dresdencodak.com/2006/02/13/trouble-in-memphis/ Somewhere]], Niels Bohr walks among us, unobserved and '''immortal'''."