* AcceptableReligiousTargets: Evangelical Christians.
* AssPull: Transmuting the entire natural world into computronium actually makes plants healthier and grow better. Well ''that'' sure is convenient.
* CounterpartComparison: [[http://thewebcomicsreview.tumblr.com/post/118278724605/dresdencodak-dark-science-45-the-favor-oh#notes Several]] [[http://mole-reads.tumblr.com/post/118279825741/changing-my-usual-tunes-here-let-me-talk-dresden people]] [[http://mr-ru.tumblr.com/post/118288470421/sigmaleph-in-the-latest-dresden-codak-kim have noticed]] the similarity between robots worshipping Kim and the robot religion storyline in ''Webcomic/GunnerkriggCourt''.
* CrowningMomentOfAwesome: [[http://dresdencodak.com/2013/03/19/dark-science-25/ "I do not help, Mr. Bogan. I oppose."]]
* CrowningMomentOfHeartwarming: [[http://dresdencodak.com/2009/12/16/lantern-season/ Never Alone]].
* MarySue: The lengthy name, suspiciously [[OtakuSurrogate tomboyish traits]], and the central importance of the protagonist have led some to call MarySue. Having her being an extremely attractive, transhuman cyborg probably [[AuthorAppeal doesn't help either]]. The fact that she's a clearly unhinged ideologue who doesn't care if mankind lives or dies either mitigates this somewhat or makes it even creepier. In the actual comic, reality tends to bend to fit her opinions and prejudices and is, for many, the nail in the coffin.
** Made fun of by Cube Watermelon (of Webcomic/KiwiBlitz fame) [[http://cubewatermelon.tumblr.com/post/95456037742/sometimes-i-think-its-okay-to-just-admit-that-you here]].
* MemeticMutation: [[http://dresdencodak.com/2008/05/02/copan/ "I will do science to it."]]
* NightmareFuel: "[[http://dresdencodak.com/2006/02/13/trouble-in-memphis/ Somewhere]], Niels Bohr walks among us, unobserved and '''immortal'''."