* BigLippedAlligatorMoment: A cop on a motorcycle drives into the TARDIS and comes out moments later to go god-knows-where while the Doctor and Grace look on.
* CrowningMomentOfFunny: A few contenders:
** When scrounging for clothes, the Doctor pulls a Nixon mask from a locker and recoils, complete with ScareChord.
** The motorcycle cop riding into the TARDIS, then [[NoJustNoReaction immediately riding back out.]]
** This exchange:
-->'''The Master''': What are you waiting for?
-->'''Chang Lee''': The road's still blocked.
-->'''The Master''': This is an ambulance!
-->'''Chang Lee''': Oh, right. ''(hits the siren)''
** The Doctor, upon regenerating inside a morgue—specifically, in a cold chamber, while an orderly is outside watching Frankenstein. Somehow, the new, very confused Eighth Doctor kicks down the morgue door, attracting the attention of the orderly, who walks in, sees Paul [=McGann=] walk out wrapped in a sheet squinting at the [[MessianicArchetype heavenly light surrounding him]]. The orderly takes the only sensible recourse, and drops in a dead faint.
* GettingCrapPastTheRadar: It seems the censors didn't get a good look at the nose on the Nixon mask the Doctor discards.
* HarsherInHindsight: This movie is the last time we see the planet Gallifrey until "The Day of the Doctor", discounting flashbacks.
* HilariousInHindsight: The Master's device he plans to use to steal the Doctor's body looks suspiciously like [[Recap/DoctorWhoS29E8HumanNature a Chameleon Arch.]]
* JustHereForGodzilla: Even fans who aren't really fond of the film watch it anyway if only for Paul [=McGann=]'s peformance as the Eighth Doctor.
* TearJerker: The Seventh Doctor's "death" really is quite sad. The Theatre/MadameButterfly soundtrack doesn't help things.