* BigLippedAlligatorMoment: A cop on a motorcycle drives into the TARDIS and comes out moments later to go god-knows-where while the Doctor and Grace look on.
* FandomBerserkButton: The movie introduces the notion that the Doctor is half-human on his mother's side. This is not something the fandom has embraced with open arms, and you'd be wise to not bring it up in discussion with them.
* FanonDiscontinuity: Whether the movie is considered canon or not depends on which particular fan you talk to. However, almost everyone agrees that at the very least, the Doctor ''never'' said he was half-human (or if he did, then he was lying).
* SugarWiki/FunnyMoments: A few contenders:
** When scrounging for clothes, the Doctor pulls a Nixon mask from a locker and recoils, complete with ScareChord.
** The motorcycle cop riding into the TARDIS, then [[NoJustNoReaction immediately riding back out]].
** This exchange:
-->'''The Master''': What are you waiting for?
-->'''Chang Lee''': The road's still blocked.
-->'''The Master''': This is an ambulance!
-->'''Chang Lee''': Oh, right. ''(hits the siren)''
** The Doctor, upon regenerating inside a morgue—specifically, in a cold chamber, while an orderly is outside watching Frankenstein. Somehow, the new, very confused Eighth Doctor kicks down the morgue door, attracting the attention of the orderly, who walks in, sees Paul [=McGann=] walk out wrapped in a sheet squinting at the [[MessianicArchetype heavenly light surrounding him]]. The orderly takes the only sensible recourse, and drops in a dead faint.
* GettingCrapPastTheRadar: It seems the censors didn't get a good look at the nose on the Nixon mask the Doctor discards.
* HilariousInHindsight: The Master's device he plans to use to steal the Doctor's body looks suspiciously like [[Recap/DoctorWhoS29E8HumanNature a Chameleon Arch]].
* JustHereForGodzilla: Even fans who aren't really fond of the film watch it anyway if only for Paul [=McGann=]'s peformance as the Eighth Doctor.
* TearJerker: The Seventh Doctor's "death" really is quite sad. The Theatre/MadameButterfly soundtrack doesn't help things.