* AlternativeCharacterInterpretation: According to SonicForHire, [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe1asT1W9vw it seems to view Dig Dug as a psychopath who randomly kills creatures for fun.]]
** It seems that [[WellIntentionedExtremist he was right]], [[EvenEvilHasStandards at the very least.]] The results of this became a RunningGag.
* SugarWiki/AwesomeMusic: The original ''Arrangement'' and ''Digging Strike'' have some catchy tunes, the later even has an unlockable SoundTest!
** WebAnimation/DeathBattle [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmeHoW2wNEQ seems to think the same as well.]]
* FirstInstallmentWins: ''Dig Dug'' is a well-known classic. ''Dig Dug II''? Not so much.
* FridgeHorror: The low-resolution graphics and fun nature of the game make it hard to initially notice how horrific a death you are inflicting against your opponents.
** In ''Dig Dug II'', you can kill enemies by jackhammering the ground beneath them so they fall into the water. At the end of the level, any remaining enemies will try to escape by... jumping into the water. Are they committing suicide?
* IAmNotShazam: [[RetCon Retroactively]]. ''Dig Dug'' actually refers to the events of the game, canonically known in the ''Dig Dug/Mr. Driller'' universe as "The Dig Dug Incident". Prior to ''Mr. Driller G'' which would be the first time Taizo's name appears in full, he was always called "Dig Dug" in official material.