* FridgeLogic: At the end of "The Bela Lugosi Blues" [[spoiler:how were they supposed to explain Jack killing Moriah Thomas in self defense? Surely the courts wouldn't believe she was a vampire.]]
* MorePopularSpinoff: [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqyUjRAy5fU Of]] ''JakeAndTheFatman''. It probably didn't help, however, that ''Jake and the Fatman'' was never rerun after its original broadcast on CBS.
* NarmCharm: Creator/CharltonHeston as a KnightTemplar[=/=]SympatheticMurderer judge. On the one hand, he talks as if he's merely doing a narration instead of actually playing an character. But on the other hand, he just sounds so cool doing it that you can't help but continue watching him.
* NarrowedItDownToTheGuyIRecognize: One episode features [[Series/TouchedByAnAngel Roma Downey]] and [[Series/FreeSpirit Corinne Bohrer]] as former sorority sisters of Amanda's, who are both suspects in the murder of a woman who was blackmailing them. [[spoiler:Corinne's character turns out to be the murderer.]]
** Played with in "Discards," in which involves a group of ex-spies being hunted down, And shown on the main page, the guest stars played spies on TV... the killer is [[spoiler: played by Phil Morris, who also played a spy on TV - but in the 1980s on the revival of Mission: Impossible; he's the only one who didn't play a TV spy in the ''1960s''.]]
* SomeAnvilsNeedToBeDropped: "Murder in the Dark" had a surgeon being confronted over his alcoholism.
** One episode dealt with the subject of hospitals intentionally delaying medical treatment, letting people die so they can save money.