* CompleteMonster: Hector was the GreaterScopeVillain until later in the series. To fulfill [[AGodAmI his scheme of becoming the true creator]], this [[PhysicalGod already god-like being]] was responsible for almost every calamity that happened in the series. His most heinous crimes include being responsible for the horrific torture of [[VideoGame/YggdraUnion Nessiah]] who had been an ActualPacifist FallenAngel solely out of hatred for Nessiah's pacifism. He was also responsible for driving the Archangel [[VideoGame/KnightsInTheNightmare Marietta]] into insanity and using [[YouAreNumberSix people as test subjects for divine weapons]]. Hector sacrificed his own servant and the hero [[VideoGame/RivieraThePromisedLand Ein's]] girlfriend to awaken the spirit of destruction for the final phase in his plan: [[OmnicidalManiac slaughtering the entire population of one world]].
* CrackIsCheaper: Especially given the rampant amount of AllThereInTheManual.
* [[CrowningMusicOfAwesome Crowning Soundtrack Of Awesome]]: Every single game. Adachi Minako and Hayashi Shigeki have collaborated on most of the soundtracks.
* PacingProblems: All the games but ''Unison'' have a little trouble with this. Chapters four and five of ''Riviera'' drag, as does the beginning of ''Knights''; in ''Yggdra'', important character Nessiah's backstory is AllThereInTheManual because there wasn't enough unvisited map nor enough space to deal with it in-game. Two of ''Blaze Union'''s routes have this problem, as well. Appears yet again in ''Gungnir'', where the final chapters open up a few new subplots...only to ignore them. Unlike Yggdra, there ''was'' enough unvisited map space, meaning there's little excuse.
* PlayerPunch: At least one per game.