* CultClassic: Now going five games strong, and none of them have had a particularly strong following.
* ItsTheSameNowItSucks: Early reviews for ''Blood Ties'' bemoan the fact that Tecmo has not done anything to evolve the franchise's gameplay, instead opting to just allow the same format but with more content.
* TheScrappy: Nicole, Nicole, Nicole.
* ScrappyMechanic: The first game's save files eat up ''9'' blocks. That's 3/5ths of an entire memory card.
* SpecialEffectFailure: The "Help Cry" mask in ''Invitation to Darkness'' had its texture applied incorrectly. See [[http://www.nastyprisms.com/temp/cache/lparchive.org/Tecmos-Deception/Update%203/25-ePSXe_2007-04-30_18-46-19-59.jpg here]].
* UnfortunateImplications: The transition over the series from male to strictly female leads. Is Tecmo accidentally making some commentary that women cannot directly protect themselves as warriors, and that men wouldn't be "fighting dirty" this way? You decide.