* FunnyAneurysmMoment: In "Dave Barry's Guide to Guys" when discussing his fireworks-obsessed mechanic Ed:
--> "If those radical Muslim fundamentalist terrorists had Ed on their team back in 1992, the World Trade Center would now be referred to as the World Trade Pit."
** In ''Dave Barry's Only Travel Guide You'll Ever Need'', he tells a story about how he really angered his wife by driving past a roadside attraction that she wanted to see. He jokes that if she ever files for divorce, she'll probably bring that incident up. Years later, he and his wife did get divorced.
* HilariousInHindsight: In a 1990 article about television ratings, he mentioned that if there was a program called "Eat Bugs For Money", everyone would watch it. Cue ''Series/FearFactor'' in 2001.
* NightmareFuel: "I'm holding his nose!" from ''Literature/TrickyBusiness''.
** Also, the cover of the book ''Dave Barry Talks Back'' features a picture of him holding the disembodied head of what looks like [[CloningBlues another Dave Barry]], and they're making expressions of "comical surprise" at each other that look like [[TheGrudge Toshio Saeki]] in full-on "meow" mode.
* ReverseFunnyAneurysm: "The worsening economy takes center stage in February, when, amid much fanfare, Congress passes, and President Bush signs, an ''economic stimulus package'' under which the federal government will give taxpayers back several hundred dollars apiece of their own money, the idea being that they will use this money to revive the U.S. economy by buying TV sets that were made in China. This will seem much more comical in the fall."
* TearJerker: His columns on 9/11, which are not funny in the slightest.