* AdaptationDisplacement: Fritz Lang's Mabuse films became famous world-wide, the Mabuse novels by Norbert Jacques less so.
* HeyItsThatGuy: The Lithographer (of Mabuse's money-forging unit) is played by Paul Henckels, who later appeared as Professor Bömmel in ''Film/DieFeuerzangenbowle''. In the 1962 remake, Lohmann is played by [[Creator/GertFrobe Goldfinger]].
* InferredHolocaust: Lohmann completely fails to stop Baum from setting fire to the chemical works, which according to Mabuse's notes would gas huge numbers of people in the surrounding area with toxic fumes. However, Lohmann, Kent and Baum all walk about in fairly close vicinity to the burning factory without having to wear gasmasks, which seems to indicate that luckily the fumes were not deadly.
* NightmareFuel: [[MaybeMagicMaybeMundane Hallucination or not,]] Dr. Baum's vision of Dr. Mabuse in his office is horrifying. The speech he makes on chaos is chilling, his ''brain'' is exposed, and his eyes... ''Those '''eyes.''''' [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-WnY_ZmT9E In case you weren't interested in sleeping tonight...]]
* TechnologyMarchesOn: When Lohmann has to make a phone call from near the burning factory, he uses a field telephone that has to be connected to the telephone line by a policeman climbing up the pole. In the remake Lohmann has a car phone.