* CompleteMonster: Gildorome is, perhaps the single most depraved character in the series. While [[TheDragon Death Gaia]] and [[AxCrazy Helmut]] are insane, their way of thinking is extremely straightforward. Shapiro, himself preferred his knowledge of earth geography and his battle tactics to take down the Cyber Beast Force. Gildorome? No, instead of using conventional methods, he preferred psychological methods, such as using a LotusEaterMachine to hypnotize a whole town to kill them when they can't even fight back. In the long run, his methods caused the highest number of innocent victims in the most brutal way possible.
* CrowningMusicOfAwesome: The first Opening and Ending songs, "Love So Far Away" and "Burning Love".
** Also the opening to the God Bless Dancougar OVA. "Love is Miracle".
** Burning Rage. It's something of a BootstrappedTheme in the ''VideoGame/SuperRobotWars'' games.
** Hontou no Kiss, in particular the remixed version in ''VideoGame/SuperRobotWarsGC''. The fact that its considered one of the best, if not THE best remix in SRW says something.
* HilariousInHindsight: The fact that Shapiro constantly reminds you that he is the man destined to be a god becomes more hilarious, when you notice that he is voiced by Creator/NorioWakamoto. Bonus points in that this is his first Major Villain role.
* SeasonalRot: Some fans dislike the Blazing Epilogue OVA, for a number of reasons.
* TheyWastedAPerfectlyGoodCharacter: Frankenstein. The only character from Muge Zorbados Faction that actually experienced being cared by a human and pulled a sort of HeelFaceTurn only to be killed off in a HeroicSacrifice. Admitably he goes against the whole point of the show, but that did not stop him from being an interesting character who can be used for some developments such as the first step towards peace, something that the team mentioned.
* ToyShip: Masato and Laura.