!! [[Literature/DaddyLongLegs The book]]:
* FairForItsDay: Jean Webster was an early-20th century feminist, and it shows, particularly when Sallie talks about voting -- which women could not do at the time that the two books were published.
* FunnyAneurysmMoment: At one point, Judy mentions that she will be able to know if a war breaks between the United States and Japan.
* RealWomenNeverWearDresses: The end of ''Daddy Long Legs'' has made "feminists" scream and screech because [[spoiler: Judy marries Jervis]], even when this happens ''only'' [[spoiler: after the huge fight in which Judy rejects his proposal at first, ''and'' also after she makes it clear that, while she loves him, she's her own person and he cannot control her.]] For even more irony, Jean Webster was actually an advocate for women's education and suffrage.
* ValuesDissonance: A given considering the age of the novel - however, it is particularly noticeable at one point in the sequel when Sallie ''uses a pancake tuner to beat the hell out of a boy''. Made worse by the fact that more people were concerned about Sallie's nerves than the boy's limp.
!! [[Webcomic/DaddyLongLegs The webcomic]]:
* MomentOfAwesome: The ninth panel of [[http://daddylonglegs.smackjeeves.com/comics/1139935/bulk-or-lack-thereof/ this comic]] could qualify.
** Scapegrace ''breathes'' this, from his slurring speech, to his random appearances, to his notably creepier design than everyone else, to the fact that he knows what Harvestman's blood tastes like...
** The [[http://th02.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2011/093/c/2/extended_dll_scale_reference_by_sulphurspoon-d3d40gw.png height of the characters in relationship to humans]] is bad enough. Then we get [[http://th01.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2011/093/1/b/what_are_these_giants_by_sulphurspoon-d3d4osj.png these guys]].
** Even Scapegrace's ''dreams'' are creepy, [[TearJerker sad]] as they might be.
** [[http://daddylonglegs.smackjeeves.com/comics/1265045/ The bat in this strip]]
* UglyCute: Harvestman is a giant fat arachnid with very little hair who is also utterly adorable.
* TheWoobie: Scapegrace has shades of this at times, with his extremely sad and depressing dreams, which indicate his childhood was not exactly nice and his family was [[DysfunctionalFamily dysfunctional]] and screwed up. Oh and he's probably having the same sickness his dad had, [[IncurableCoughOfDeath showing the same symptoms]], so there's the possibility that [[YourDaysAreNumbered his days are numbered]]. And really, Harvestman and Crane are pretty much his [[OnlyFriend only friends]], and even Crane thinks him to suspicious and creepy, such as the scene where he immediately thought Scapegrace to be the cause of his missing son. It's hard not to feel sorry for him.