* BetterThanCanon: The Amazon Fury storyline that features Amazons invading the mortal world is much better received than [[Comicbook/AmazonsAttack that other storyline]].
** The idea of increasing perks for Premium players (Increased Cash Cap, etc.). Some state that Premium's current perks are only slightly better than [=F2P=]'s despite paying for additional content while other believe that they should just stop whining and "[[AllegedlyFreeGame become Legendary]]."
** Whether Skill Points should have a greater influence in the game is also a huge one. While they don't necessarily affect progression, there are players who believe that they should play a major part in character progression as they are shown as proof of a player's skills and dedication while others believe that it only promotes elitism.
* CrazyAwesome: T.O. Morrow, if not solely, for being able to [[spoiler:screw over ''SelfDemonstrating/TheJoker'' of all people and ''get away with it''.]]
* DemonicSpiders: The Paradox reapers. They could appear in virtually ''anywhere'' in the open world, and could kill new players before you could blink.
** The Joker androids. They have a powerful explosion attack that reduces their health and explode when they die. Even if they died due to the explosion. Both, combined, can take away 90% or more of a hero's HP.
** The Green Lantern/Sinestro Corps members in Metropolis. They swarm, often have shields you have to break before doing normal damage, and can send you flying backwards (or pull you towards them, so you can't easily escape) with ease. The Green Lantern centric duo is even worse in some parts.
** The craziest examples have to be the creatures that comes with the tier 4 (highest level) missions. These can kill moderately experienced max level players out in two to three hits.
* FoeYay: Maybe just a ''little'' bit between [[MissionControl Oracle]] and [[EvilCounterpart Calculator]].
* MostAnnoyingSound: Fighting Demons in Metropolis. "How Daaare You!" "The Wrath of a hero! Delicious!" "You Will Regret That!"
** Harley Quinn is easily the worst offender. Her boss fight consists of her making the same hammer puns (about 5 in total) every time she attacks, which is every few seconds.
*** She's just as bad on the villains' side as a DistressedDamsel, just replace hammer with bird puns. Robin futilely tells her to shut up.
** The Jokandroids, who have only two death lines that they utter every time
** Not to mention the HIVE drones. "Sszzszzzwarm them!" "That STINGS!" and other (though not many) Bee-related puns repeated again and again.
* Narm: A lot in the EnemyChatter. [[http://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/whats-your-favorite-cheesy-line.5020/ Here's some of them.]]
** Villains could punch citizens off roofs, and they give a long, drawn out "Ahhhhhhhh!".
* SpiritualLicensee: This is (kind of) the best Superman game ever (kind of is because Superman is part of the DCU).
** Bruno Mannheim. Not only are you completely outnumbered, but Bruno has a beam attack that grounds you, is impossible to dodge, and shaves off so much health.
** ComicBook/BlackAdam. Aside from his Word of Power being enough to shave off half of your health, absorbing Zatanna's and (to a greater degree) Giganta's powers is considered him being at his most dangerous. [[labelnote:*]]Precisely Zatanna!Adam's lightning attacks and Giganta!Adam's leap attack can reduce your health ''very'' quickly.[[/labelnote]]
** The mission to rescue Supergirl from the metahuman hospital has its first encounter with Doctor Psycho early on, but it is a 'game of hide and seek' where you have to roam around the room until you are close enough to see him only to be able to hit him a few times before he vanishes again. There's no threat to you, but it takes time and you really don't do any damage to him either. And it's one of the challenge modes at 30, later on. It's one of the most difficult ones due to the encounter after that little game of hide-and-seek.
** Batcave: Inner Sanctum. If you queue up to this raid, you'll get a group that is stuck at the [[ThatOneBoss Armored Robotic Custodian]] about 90% of the time.
*** It's so insanely difficult that SOE eventually have to [[http://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/server-downtime-03-12-13-game-update-24.4963/ nerf it]].
** Fortress of Solitude 2: Power Core. There's a portion of the mission where your team will have to split into two groups to proceed which includes taking on two BrainwashedAndCrazy Kryptonians (one for each group). Good news: You only have to take off around half of their health. Bad news: If the other team goes down before you can cause them to retreat, one of the aforementioned Kryptonians will enrage and curbstomp your team quickly.[[labelnote:*]]One group will take on one of the Kryptonians while the other takes on a group of adds on the other side.[[/labelnote]]
*** [[LoopholeAbuse Higher level teams could make this easier by having everyone on the kryptonian and beat them before Lex Luthor or Superman and General Zod is defeated on the other side.]] Unfortunately SoE caught on and closed THAT loophole so back to splitting the team.
** Prime Battleground. Remember the Avatars from the Batcave, Fortress of Solitude, and Themyscira raids? They're back, and upgraded to "Prime" Avatars and you have to defeat ''all'' of them in succession with various enemy spawns getting in your way. [[spoiler:And this is before facing Brainiac himself.]]
** Blackest Day. New levels of frustration abound in the Elite Version of this raid and the final boss fight with Black Hand. You have adds whose bodies remain on the field after you kill them and can corrupt players with a nasty DoT that can eventually kill well geared tanks and leave the party open to be KOed Black Hand's AoE. If you are stunned your very act of breaking the stun can damage any party members near by and kill them if they have been corrupted. As a grand finale to the frustration, when you get Black Hand down to say 25% health he bubbles himself up and new adds spawn. If you take too long to kill the adds he can regain almost full health! Oh, and you are only allowed to die ONCE in an Elite raid, die again and you are out for the remainder of the fight.
* TheyChangedItNowItSucks: The Flash's [[TheOtherDarrin voice change]] hasn't been viewed favorably by a strong portion of the player base.
** Now it's Booster Gold's turn and the reaction is about the same.
** ProSabienSat.7's ownership of SOE's licenses and how completely difficult it has become for a former European player to regain access to their account when the company that now owns it will only give websites in German.
* TheyWastedAPerfectlyGoodCharacter: [[spoiler: [[YourTerroristsAreOurFreedomFighters The Green Arrow of the BadFuture!Metropolis]]. He was built up as the leader of the resistance against Lex Luthor's dictatorship. But all we get is a screen report of him being captured and the resistance members (after being freed) mentioning going to rescue him. Though from the briefings found, it's implied to be pointless.]]