* AwesomeMusic: Most of the music is good...the fan-favourite part though is when Britney sings freestyle and soulfully to Ben while in the shack with the piano in Arizona.
* CriticProof: Granted, mostly this was on account of it having such a low budget, but it made just short of $65m worldwide on a $12m budget, in addition to strong sales of the accompanying soundtrack, making it a very profitable venture despite the bad reviews.
* IdiotPlot: Lampshaded that they got in a car with someone they thought killed a man.
* ShaggyDogStory: All three girls set out with a specific goal in mind; Lucy to reconnect with her mother who abandoned her, Kit to visit her fiance and Mimi to pursue a singing career. [[spoiler: Lucy's mother tells her she was a mistake and never wanted her, Kit discovers her fiance cheating and not only is Mimi upstaged by Lucy's superior voice, but she also loses her baby.]]
* SomeAnvilsNeedToBeDropped: ThePowerOfFriendship and BeYourself is played into this movie, extensively...
* StrawmanHasAPoint: Kit. Did Mimi ''really'' think she would become famous in spite of being heavily pregnant simply because she had a good voice?
* TearJerker: Whenever Lucy cries, Mimi and Kit also have moments.