* CrazyAwesome: Pretty much everything Freddie and Gorilla do.
** Mechazawa from time to time - especially when he gets turned into a motorcycle.
* EarWorm: The opening.
** The English title of the [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAwcmaQx7rI humming song]] is [[spoiler:"I'm Human"]], which explains why Mechazawa likes it so much.
** Kamiyama failing to notice Takenouchi, the largest human character in the cast, and ending up sitting on his lap as a result. This scene is like any other OutOfCharacterMoment PlayedForLaughs until you notice that Kamiyama has his eyes closed for most of the scene. Kamiyama is the smartest member of the cast, so the scene may be a DeconstructiveParody of EyesAlwaysShut, a trope often applied to wise characters.
* FridgeLogic: Wait, why is Yamaguchi's first name (Noboru) written in katakana if there is a kanji symbol for it?
* GeniusBonus: When Mechazawa is feeling depressed over a girl and expresses he wants to start over, the book he is reading is by Goethe (the author of ''Literature/TheSorrowsOfYoungWerther'').
* HilariousInHindsight: In the manga, there's a story that focuses on Ara-chan, a white seal that the characters found in the Arakawa river. The author included Ara in the strip [[RealLifeWritesThePlot because he felt disgust over]] [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tama-chan Tama-chan's story]]... and found it amusing to hear that a real seal was found in Arakawa later.
* MemeticMutation: It's become a running joke that every time anything Mechazawa related appears, people will post comments jokingly expressing confusion about there being something peculiar about that delinquent...
* MoralEventHorizon: Before the series proper, Kamiyama did something unbelievably ''evil'' involving dominoes, stunning even his hard-assed new classmates. [[ShoutOut Read the manga to find out what!]]\\
Those who have the manga know that [[spoiler:in Junior High, Kamiyama was enlisted along with other students to assemble dominoes in a World Record-breaking event. After a month's work, however, Kamiyama got irritated enough that he decided to ruin the event! How? The record broken was 37,041 dominoes toppled. [[PokeThePoodle Kamiyama glued the 37,042nd domino to the ground so it wouldn't fall over]].]] Cue [[EvenEvilHasStandards stunned hard-assed classmates]].
* ThisIsYourPremiseOnDrugs: Like ''Manga/AzumangaDaioh'' on even more crack. LOTS of crack.
** And GAR!!