* DieForOurShip: During the ''Jack The Ripper'' arc, the love triangle between Emelyne, Cain and Merediana. Before [[spoiler: [[MurderTheHypotenuse Emelyne got murdered]]]] there was a huge split among the fans who began to hate Merediana and heavily support Emelyne-Cain.
* FoeYay: Cain and Jizabel.
* HollywoodHomely: Drew in the ''Scold's Bridle'' story arc is supposed to be unattractive, which in the art style's terms translates to red hair, glasses and a slightly curvier build than the other female characters.
** Emelyne Lauderdale considered herself as having been butt-ugly as a child, to the point that she even wore servants' clothes because she was convinced better clothes wouldn't look good on her. Her face as a child isn't shown until later at which point she looks childish and the only "flaw" in her face are a few freckles.
* MagnificentBastard: Cain, [[spoiler:Alexis, and ultimately, Augusta. Apparently, ItRunsInTheFamily]].
* NightmareFuel: The sheer creepiness of how all the gory murders Cain investigates follow nursery rhymes that are already rather disturbing. Then, there's [[http://www.mangahere.com/manga/count_cain/v03/c002/5.html this]].
* TearJerker: ''Everywhere,'' especially the last three volumes.