* CompleteMonster: Akhlaur. He combines the worst traits of a MadScientist, EvilOverlord, and an EvilSorcerer, performing grotesque experiments on living captives (often though not always elves) so that he can puzzle out the secrets of life and death and acquire their power. He treats servants and captives alike with the same bored disdain, since he views all other people as being equally worthless. Oh, and he forcibly turned his former best friend into an undead horror under his complete control and together, they tried to murder his other former friend to steal his kingdom. Real piece of work, all right...
* CrazyAwesome: While Tzigone is sane, her plans tend to have strong elements of this; see RefugeInAudacity on the main page.
* CrowningMomentOfFunny: Tzigone gets more than her fair share.
* EvilIsSexy: Kiva. Akhlaur's original appearance was this as well, but after two hundred years trapped in the Elemental Plane of Water, he looks distinctly [[IncrediblyLamePun fishy]] in the main storyline.
* MagnificentBastard: [[spoiler: Dhamari]] found a way to ''artificially'' turn himself into one of these. [[spoiler: Tzigone's mother created an amulet that protected whoever wore it from him. Dhamari later got ahold of it and used it to protect him ''from himself''- preventing him from making mistakes in his scheming. He reverts to his natural SmugSnake level of competence after Tzigone finds out and rips the amulet off him, though]].
* UncannyValley: Following a too-close-for-comfort encounter with the magic and life-force-eating laraken, Andris ends up ''transparent''. People tend to have this reaction to him.