* BigLippedAlligatorMoment: The bear chase is, strangely, one of them. The fact that you shot a bear in the face with a shotgun given to you by a random SCU operative, seemingly fail to kill it, and end up in a random place in a pool of blood is never acknowledged again.
* CompleteMonster: Serial Killer X, aka [[spoiler: Leland Vanhorn]]. Any sympathy he may have had as a SerialKillerKiller is undermined by the various innocents he kills. He even murders [[spoiler: his own uncle]] after the latter [[TheFarmerAndTheViper nursed him back to health]] after the events of the first game. The only reason he kills other serial killers in the first place is so he can adopt their methods as his own. He also doesn't have the excuse of being driven insane by [[spoiler: the Oro's sonic emitters]] like the rest of the city, [[ForTheEvulz as he clearly enjoys it]].
* ContestedSequel: Many believe that Condemned 2 ''really'' [[JumpingTheShark jumped the shark]] by taking out the creepy slum levels halfway through and making the story silly. Conversely, [[BrokenBase others would argue]] the game kept up what made it great, and added more complexity to combat.
** The BrokenBase can best be represented in the games' two different endings: being the victim in a terrifying, visceral chase though an otherwise completely normal house with a psychotic killer for Condemned 1 versus the tower-of-junk battle between two men firing mouth-blasts at each other.
* FoeYay: Serial Killer X to Ethan. "Do you think of me when you go to scratch? I think of you... every time I look in the mirror."
* GameBreaker: FPS mode in Bloodshot, earned by completing the game, gives you unlimited ammo for all firearms you carry. It also eliminates Ethan's alcoholism-induced tremors, resulting in more accuracy. The result? You can breeze through the game by simply firing headshot after headshot at enemies.
* GameBreakingBug: ''Condemned 2'' can sometimes freeze up, and if it does the save file might very well become corrupted. Xbox 360 players with an older model console can avoid this problem by making backup saves on memory units, but PS3 players and owners of slim model Xbox 360s just have to be cautious.
* GoodBadBugs: In ''Condemned 2'', the final boss fight ends with a complex, fairly difficult series of quicktime events that result in an instant death if you fail it. However, sometimes, if you die the first time it happens, the next time instead of going into the quicktime event the boss will just attack you regularly. Because this is a bug, he's not really programmed for combat and has very little health and a very weak fighting style, making it very easy to beat him and finish the game.
* HilariousInHindsight: A prophesied hero from unlikely origins using the power of his voice to destroy evil world-conquerors using similar powers? [[VideoGame/TheElderScrollsVSkyrim Gee, sounds familiar]].
** A [[BeardOfSorrow bearded man]] named Ethan has to track down an enigmatic serial killer and [[ClearMyName clear his name]] as the primary suspect of said killer's murders who [[spoiler:has one of his fingers cut off about halfway through the story.]] [[VideoGame/HeavyRain Where else have we seen this?]]
* IdiotPlot: In the first game, the FBI assumes Ethan killed his partners simply because the killer used his gun. It never occurs to them to check the gun for fingerprints, which would reveal that someone other than Ethan fired the gun.
* MoralEventHorizon: The reason why you don't feel bad for SKX when he would normally be considered an AntiVillain.
* ScrappyMechanic: The ThrowAwayGuns and the inability to reload, collect ammunition or carry more than one weapon in the first game. The sequel changed this, but even so ammo and guns are still rare to come by, so you'll still spend most of the game using either melee weapons or your own fists.
* ThatOneLevel: The museum from ''Bloodshot'', especially if you're trying to get Gold ranking. You can't kill any guards (thankfully, it doesn't count if you let one of the other enemies kill them) and the whole level is swarming with [[DemonicSpiders armored enemies]] that have access to extremely powerful melee weapons.
** Black Lake Lodge can become this as well. Aside from the infamous bear sequence, the UnexpectedGameplayChange to first person shooter can be jarring, and definitely doesn't feel like a ''Condemned'' game.
** The nightmare sequences in ''Bloodshot'', too. The color washes out, and you fight pitch-black creatures in a pitch black environment. They deal our a lot of damage and respawn, too.