* CompleteMonster: Empress Janera is extremely cruel even by SuperRobot villain standards. Initially wanting to TakeOverTheWorld, Janera sent her monsters to destroy any resistance, but was always blocked by Combattler V. It is revealed Janera even oppresses her own people, the Campbellians, inspiring their true leader Deus to return and lead a revolt against her forces. [[spoiler: Realizing time is short, Janera opts for a new solution against Earth: leading an attack personally, she deploys a bomb to the earth's core to destroy the planet and kill everything on it.]]
** Goes into overdrive in Super Robot Wars Alpha 3, wherein even her allies aren't treated much better. In fact [[spoiler: the Earth-destroying bomb is instead used in an attempt to destroy the [[VoltesV Boazan homeworld]], forcing Heinel to perform a HeroicSacrifice to stop it in time.]]
* EarWorm: V! V! V! Victory! Combine, one two three...
** from the ED: SO-NO-NA-'''WAAAAAAAAA'''! COMBATTLER V! '''V'''!
* IronWoobie: Hyouma Aoi. The amount of injury and pain he goes through in the series is astounding, and that's before you consider that he's an orphan.
* JerkassWoobie: Garuda is himself a victim of Oreana, and actually quite pitiful; given his inevitable fate as a ProudWarriorRaceGuy. On the other hand, he may have depth (for a 70s SuperRobot villain) as a character, but his ferocity and sadism towards enemies is genuine, and has made it clear several times.
* MemeticMutation: "Choudenji (insert X here)!!". More prevalent in ''VideoGame/SuperRobotWars''' [[YonKoma 4Koma]] or Fan translations.