* BaseBreaker: The movie, which has a villain that tried to and succeeded in taking Clifford away from Emily Elizabeth, and an large heaping dose of MoodWhiplash thanks to Jody Gray's contribution that is an extremely depressing soundtrack. Part of the fanbase loved the emotional roller coaster. Part of the fanbase (which wanted a happy romp around Birdwell Island and nothing more) thinks it sucked because of being put through emotional roller coaster.
* BlessedWithSuck: Clifford. Think about it, he is literally as big as a house and has to spend the rest of his life outdoors and no longer sleep in a nice, warm house with Emily.
* EarWorm: The [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWwIyKOCrd8&feature=fvst theme song to the cartoon series]].
** A lot of the background music could also fall in this category.
* FirstInstallmentWins: You'd be hard pressed to find anybody who watched or even remembers there being a spinoff. The fact that it was put on a once-a-week time slot probably did not help.
* FridgeHorror: A lot of people had this when considering the results of Clifford [[TooMuchInformation marking his territory]]. Thank goodness for the NobodyPoops trope.
* HilariousInHindsight: One episode has Emily Elizabeth recalling that on a PictureDay, her bangs were too short. GreyDeLisle voiced [[spoiler:[[WesternAnimation/AvatarTheLastAirbender another character]] who sliced her own bangs off during her VillainousBreakdown]].
* MarySue: Whenever one of the human characters needs a lesson in ThePowerOfFriendship, Emily Elizabeth is the one to [[SomeAnvilsNeedToBeDropped drop the anvil]]. There is exactly ''one'' episode in the series' sixty-five episode run (which consists of 130 seperate stories) in which Emily Elizabeth is the one at fault: the one in which [[FelonyMisdemeanor she neglects cleaning her room]].
** Clifford himself is more often than not a MartyStu.
* TearJerker: "Friends Forever", where a young T-Bone has to deal with the fact that his friend, Hamburger, is moving away. Their goodbye is sad enough as is, even if you didn't grow up watching their [[KenanAndKel voice]] [[Series/AllThat actors.]]
* UncannyValley: ''Everyone'' in the movie has normal eyes. It's just creepy-looking.