* SugarWiki/AwesomeMusic: "This next one... Is the first song... On our new album... It just came out this week... And the song is called... ''[[EarWorm SURRENDER]]''!" ''At Budokan'' is pretty commonly referred to as their best album for a good reason.
** The closing chorus to ''Surrender'', "We're all alright!" gets even more awesome at live shows when the crowds join in.
** The opening moments of the album, before the band even gets to play a note, are riveting: Massed teenage screaming of Japanese girls, a couple of drum hits, a couple of purposeful chicken scratches on guitar, and then a stentorian American voice bellowing:
-->'''Announcer''': ALL RIGHT TOE-KYO! ''[Screaming Japanese girls]'' ARE YOU READ-AY! ''[Screaming Japanese girls]'' WILL YOU WELCOME... EPIC RECORDING ARTISTS... ''CHEAP TRICK''!! ''[Frenetic opening riff]''.
* EpicRiff: "Surrender", "Dream Police", tons of others...
* EstrogenBrigade: Listen to ''At Budokan'' to hear just how popular these guys were with Japanese teenage girls.
* FaceOfTheBand: The band's lineup has pretty much stayed same for the most part.
* FunnyAneurysmMoment: "ELO Kiddies" from the first album is a playful send-up of Gary Glitter. A couple decades later, kiddies became a career-killer for Gary.
** For bonus points the ''very next song'', "Daddy Should Have Stayed in High School", is about a pedophile.
* GermansLoveDavidHasselhoff: While the band is one of the small few '70s power pop bands to maintain critical acclaim and moderate success with their new releases in the US (2009's ''The Latest'' being especially warmly received), the band has been absolutely massive in Japan since their debut album and have only seem to have grown in popularity since.
* MemeticMutation: Bun E. Carlos' chain-smoking before he quit. The band even once made a T-shirt featuring him with a cigarette in his mouth.
* NeverLiveItDown: Best known for being [[GermansLoveDavidHasselhoff big in Japan]].
* ReplacementScrappy: Jon Brant replacing Tom Petersson on bass during TheEighties. Also counts as a SuspiciouslySimilarSubstitute given their general resemblance to each other.
** Rick's son Daxx replacing Bun E. on drums since 2010 live.