* SugarWiki/AwesomeMusic: The score used a late 20th century electronic instrument and made it work in a film in the 1920s.
** To this day, the song can turn any emotional moment in slow motion into a [[SugarWiki/HeartwarmingMoments much stronger moment]].
* EarWorm: [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYJzcUvS_NU "Dunnnnn! Ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch! Dun-dun-dun-da-dunnn-dunnn!"]]
* EnsembleDarkHorse: Nicholas Farrell as Aubrey Montague, Nigel Havers as Andrew Lindsay, Ian Charleson as Eric Liddell, Ian Holm as Sam Mussabini, Nigel Davenport os Birkenhead, Patrick Magee as Cadogan, Struan Rodger, Benny Young as Rob Liddell, Peter Cellier as Savoy, Patrick Doyle as Jimmie... Most of the cast really.
* RetroactiveRecognition: StephenFry was attending Cambridge during filming and appears as an extra; he goes into detail about it in ''The Fry Chronicles.''
** When the welcome dinner for the new Cambridge students shows a plaque for all the students who died in UsefulNotes/WorldWarI. The size of the plaque and the dean's words really strike that home.
** Abrahams' funeral, especially when it's returned to at the end of the film.
** The WhereAreTheyNowEpilogue's reveal of Eric Liddell's eventual fate - he died in a prison camp in occupied China.
* ValuesDissonance: One of Aubrey's letters is him apologizing for athletics getting in the way of his shorthand.
* TheWoobie: Harold Abrahams.