* SugarWiki/AwesomeMusic: The score used a late 20th century electronic instrument and made it work in a film in the 1920s.
** To this day, the song can turn any emotional moment in slow motion into a [[SugarWiki/HeartwarmingMoments much stronger moment]].
* EarWorm: [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYJzcUvS_NU "Dunnnnn! Ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch! Dun-dun-da-dunnn-dunnn!"]]
* RetroactiveRecognition: Stephen Fry was attending Cambridge during filming and appears as an extra; he goes into detail about it in ''The Fry Chronicles.''
** When the welcome dinner for the new Cambridge students shows a plaque for all the students who died in UsefulNotes/WorldWarI. The size of the plaque and the dean's words really strike that home.
** Abrahams' funeral, especially when it's returned to at the end of the film.
** The WhereAreTheyNowEpilogue's reveal of Eric Liddell's eventual fate - he died in a prison camp in occupied China.
* ValuesDissonance: One of Aubrey's letters is him apologizing for athletics getting in the way of his shorthand.
* TheWoobie: Harold Abrahams.