* DarknessInducedAudienceApathy: Almost certainly one of the reasons this comic didn't work out as opposed to ''DM of the Rings'' is that, separated from the connection to ''Lord of the Rings'' with its characters and story people were familiar with, the gaming group came off less as a parody/commentary on gaming tropes and bad gaming and more just a group of people being [[JerkAss complete dicks]] to each other.
* FreudWasRight: Ramgar the Barbarian, with his mighty spear Silvershaft, is pretty much the personification of phallic imagery.
* MoralEventHorizon: Well, as close as you can get in a comic about a gaming group, anyway. A lot of readers ''really'' didn't like that Casey let someone else take over another player's character without permission--in fact, despite that player ''explicitly telling him'' not to allow it.
* TheScrappy: A lot of readers did not like Steve, especially when he took over Chuck's character and tried to trade his beloved spear with a different set of weapons. Aware that he is unwelcome, both in-universe and out, the character was promptly removed.
* WhatAnIdiot: Casey is extremely slow on the uptake. He could have ''easily'' stopped the party from bypassing the goblin cave, for instance, if he weren't so stuck in his original plan.