* BigLippedAlligatorMoment: Most of the scenes involving Fingers, but one in particular where he randomly sees several people playing the theme song -- underwater.
* OneSceneWonder: Little Richard's cameo, say what you will about him looking stoned but his song number is generally considered one of the film's bright spots. Or as Crow T. Robot puts it "Little Richard, the only genuine talent in this movie."
* RetroactiveRecognition: Robert Donner would best be known as the crazed conspiracy theorist who thought he was an alien in ''Series/MorkAndMindy''.
** Also, the AnimatedCreditsOpening was provided by Murikami Wolf Films- later to evolve into Murikami-Wolf-Swenson, the firm behind ''WesternAnimation/TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles1987''.
* [[WhatDoYouMeanItWasntMadeOnDrugs What Do You Mean It Wasn't Made On Drugs?]]: Well, Little Richard was obviously stoned. Big time.
* TheWoobie: Poor Fingers, he trips, can't get his job done and gets screamed at when he saves a woman from drowning.
** That and when it looks like he was going to make up for all of his klutzy pratfalls over the course of the movie and actually do his job by arresting the Duval parents their son ends up saving [[KarmaHoudini them]] by getting the map out of the canister and back into the museum.