* AssPull: To some, [[spoiler:Zead/Death]]'s revelation that [[spoiler:only the Devil Forgemasters can suffice as Dracula's host.]] Sure, this is another prime example of how clever a manipulator [[spoiler:Death]] can be [[spoiler:[[DragonAscendant when not under direct orders from Dracula]] (perhaps even cementing him as a MagnificentBastard)]], but the fact that all info pertaining to the crux of this plan gets dropped literally at the climax of the game (causing yet another [[spoiler:[[HijackedByGanon Hijacked By Dracula]] plot]]) doesn't help in the slightest. [[http://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=63Npa23ZVlM Aptly summed up here.]]
-->'''[[spoiler:Zead/Death]]''': "Even so... [[spoiler:Devil Forgemasters alone are suffused in my master's magic; thus, only a devil forgemaster can be a vessel for his re-awakening!]]"
* SugarWiki/AwesomeMusic: Plenty, but the one in Isaac's boss fight is awesome.
* DemonicSpiders: pick up any LV.75 enemy. Anyone. Ranging from the [[GoddamnBats Fleamen]] to the [[BossInMookClothing Red Ogre]]
* FoeYay: A metric ton of it, courtesy of Isaac to Hector.
* FridgeHorror: [[spoiler:Legion]], who's met in the depths of a ''Church''. [[spoiler: Yes, that probably means that someone [[ReligionOfEvil ''willingly worshipped'' an]] EldritchAbomination whose sanctum is [[WombLevel made of human corpses]] and which eventually hatches an [[LightIsNotGood evil monster of pure light]]. Think about it for a second.]]
* GameBreaker: Bone Storm.
* GoddamnBats: There are enemies that qualify as this trope, but oddly enough there aren't any actual bat enemies in ''Curse of Darkness'' at all, unlike the rest of the series.
* HoYay: Between Isaac and Hector, Isaac and Trevor... okay, between Isaac and everyone but Julia [[spoiler:who is his sister]].
* NightmareFuel: The dungeons of the Garibaldi Temple, [[spoiler:especially outside Legion's room. And Legion itself.]]
* ThatOneSidequest: Some of the game's better and.....wackier weapons require hard to find items, some of which are boss-only steals. Stealing items requires the enemies to be in a particular frame of motion. Oh, and did you happen to miss a key item from a boss? No worries, you can fight them again! Provided you boss rush through all the bosses in the game that is. Not too bad, until you remember that every boss past the first two are ThatOneBoss. One of them ([[spoiler: Death]]) actually requires you to raise up a fairy with the ability [[MythologyGag Invincibility Jar]] to get to him when he's vulnerable to stealing and time it so that it runs out right when his SphereOfDestruction attack ends (since you can't steal while invincible), or learn how to perfect block all its hits.