* CompleteMonster: [[BitchInSheepsClothing Lilith "Lily" Sullivan]] is a [[OurDemonsAreDifferent demon]] in the form of a [[CreepyChild little girl]]. With the ability to force people to hallucinate their worst fear, Lily sadistically murders those around her [[ForTheEvulz for her own amusement]]. Tricking social worker Emily Jenkins into taking her under her custody, ostensibly to escape her AbusiveParents, Lily takes the opportunity to continue her reign of terror. She manipulates a boy named Diego into killing his parents, and murders her psychiatrist, Douglas. She then targets her incarcerated parents, fatally [[ManOnFire burning her mother]] and causing her father to get [[EyeScream stabbed in the eye]]. When a detective catches on to Lily's involvement in the deaths, she tricks him into shooting himself. After Emily makes a failed attempt to kill her, Lily forces her to hallucinate a childhood memory of her mother driving fast in a rainstorm. Upon her defeat, Lily attempts to [[TakingYouWithMe drag Emily with her to her death]].
--> '''Emily''': Open the door.
--> '''Driver''': *points to bus not in service sign*
--> '''Emily''': Oh PLEASE open the door. OPEN THE DOOR SHE'S COOOOMMMMINGG!!!!
--> '''Driver''': There's NOBODY out there!
* NightmareRetardant: [[spoiler:It's hard to take Lilith seriously when her demands are so childish (ice-cream everyday, amongst other things).]]
* TheyWastedAPerfectlyGoodPlot: [[spoiler: The way [[NeverTrustATrailer the trailer put forward the movie (that a demon was after Lilith, and her parents planned to sacrifice her in order to save themselves)]] would have actually been a welcome change from the cookie-cutter "evil child" horror film.]]
* TheWoobie: Lilith, [[spoiler: [[SubvertedTrope at least]] until we learn what really went on in her home.]]
** JerkassWoobie: [[spoiler: Lilith's parents, when we learn what Lilith really is.]]
* TooDumbToLive: [[spoiler:Emily genuinely loved Lilith and saw her as an innocent child before she started murdering people close to her. Lilith could have easily got away with it if she had just killed random people Emily didn't know, thus avoiding suspicions.]]